Pre-Order Bonuses

Dear A-Net,

I purchased the GW2:PoF a few days ago and still haven't received my CD key. I have been in contact with the merchant I bought the key from, but they haven't provided the key for me yet.

If I get the CD Key after launch tonight, am I able to still get my pre-purchase bonuses because the key was purchased before the launch?

-Ryu Neko

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Unlikely, automatically. You would have to contact the CS Team, and it would probably require having purchased from an Authorized Retailer.

You can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

You're awesome, Inculpatus. I appreciate your getting back to me. The retailer is (I am certain) an authorized retailer. I just don't remember if I can name the retailer on the forums (TOS Update and all).

OH! I know! The retailer's name rhymes with Fame Top. I have been in contact with Fame Top's CS team on the phone, FB and via email and haven't had a resolution since Sunday. I ordered my CD key from Fame Top using's the Fame Top app and using trade credit. I have the order confirmation number, just not the key. I have had very little problems with Fame Top's brick and mortar. This first time using digital was a bad experience that I won't repeat.

I hope it all works out for the best, and you get a definite response before tomorrow. Otherwise, I'd probably ask for a refund from Game Stop, and purchase directly from ArenaNet before the bonus period expires. If, that is, pre-purchase bonuses were important to me. (Which is why I always purchase directly through ArenaNet, just to avoid any unpleasant situations.)

@kamikazecopilot.9801 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I hope it all works out for the best, and you get a definite response before tomorrow.

It did work out. Gamestop gave me my key at 830pm CST last night. So I am set and got my bonus shield skin (was what I was looking forward to). Thanks for sticking with me, Inculpatus cedo!

Oh! Don't forget to update your ticket to let the CS Team know you 'no longer need assistance', so that they can assist others more quickly. =)

Archived