Support firebrand - need help

Arryn.9346

Hello, after some time I returned to building my support guardian (pve only - meta events, fractals, dungeons for fun and sometimes maybe wvw). But I need some tips and sugestions, for now it something like below:gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsAD97gNCDGDBkCjlHCL79MfyA71z8ZAFLA0AySA-jByGQBEU5HAOFABVVBzt/wN1DQunAoJgeq1MRlgkCwvBbA-e

So any sugestion are welcome (maybe beside go make dps...I have one already so no, this one will be support).

What are the seemingly random harrier items for?

Among the traits and skills, I'd strongly recommend two changes:Replace the suicide shout with the quickness mantra. Your group will most likely need quickness and what's the shout supposed to do anyway?For the FB traitline, take the middle one in the first layer. Quickness again.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:What are the seemingly random harrier items for?

Among the traits and skills, I'd strongly recommend two changes:Replace the suicide shout with the quickness mantra. Your group will most likely need quickness and what's the shout supposed to do anyway?For the FB traitline, take the middle one in the first layer. Quickness again.

Shout was taken for boons , I thought it will be a good choice. Harriers well, I chose them for boon duration and healing power, also for small bonus for power. To hit something from time to time. But it can be changed to mistrel stats

Those 3 additional pages for tomes won't be needed? More pages more skills can be casted right?

Yes, more pages = more skills. However, it's more skills that you don't need, since the defensive tome skills aren't that great in PvE and you won't make use of the offensive F1 skills with that kind of support gear. Quickness is the one big selling point for support FB in PvE - as long as no support chrono is present, but in that case any support FB will be redundant. Having maximum quickness uptime is much more important than a few weak defensive support skills.

Archived