Aquatic weapons to land weapons

Phyrak.7260

Hey there,

To premise, this is more or less a theoretical discussion on future additions to the core classes rather than as E specs.For example; the warrior has two weapons - spear and spear gun. A gladiator E spec would add the trident as its weapon to the list.

I came back for a little post aquatic weapons buff and am back once more for the beetle (Petey is rad).

I have found myself digging into the gw2 wiki seeking synergies and stumbled across a rather common thought for those whom have played consistently/far more than me.

How would aquatic weapons work if they were amphibious/or have a set of skills to be used on land.The spear - an ancient weapon by our standards fits such a niche perfectly.

Taking a look at the guardian's spear skills and one could quite easily use it and have a reason to do so - with the only exception being a change to the 5; perhaps being a knock down or stun instead.Thus, core guardian and future E specs gain access to another weapon - perhaps similar to both greatsword and hammer; but different enough to see it used for its niche.

Aesthetically, weapons wouldn't need much of a change to be brought on land - the spear gun, one may seek for it to look like a cross bow for greater difference between it and the rifle

Animations wise things are far different as some abilities will need a straight up change along with the animation change from swimming to running.

What class(es) weapons do you think would work well as a straight additional to terrestrial warfare?

Are there any particular abilities that would shine on land if they were adapted to it?

Which weapon(s) would need a greater change or tweak to be useable on land in order to create greater change in how a class plays?

If such a thing were to occur, what aquatic weapon - now terrestrial weapon - would you main/use more often?

Thank you for reading,

-Phyrak

(Republishing because I think it is more appropriate here rather than in general discussion)

@Phyrak.7260 said:

@"gateless gate.8406" said:I prefer having unique weapons/skills for water. Makes underwater combat more interesting and fresh.

What would you like to see for underwater weapons?

What are your thoughts on the translation of the current aquatic weapons to land and their skills transitioning too?

Hm well I think having unique skills underwater is a fun system that brings even more life to each class. I would like to see more AOE/"chain-lighting" style skills, however.

One notable addition that could be made is an underwater talent tree. This would be a 4th talent tree in addition to your regular three that focused on utility and quality of life adjustments.

I think bringing some of the aquatic skills onto land is an interesting idea. Maybe it could be achieved by making 1-2 of them a utility skill that could be slotted in for a quick "one-off" attack.

@gateless gate.8406 said:

@gateless gate.8406 said:I prefer having unique weapons/skills for water. Makes underwater combat more interesting and fresh.

What would you like to see for underwater weapons?

What are your thoughts on the translation of the current aquatic weapons to land and their skills transitioning too?

Hm well I think having unique skills underwater is a fun system that brings even more life to each class. I would like to see more AOE/"chain-lighting" style skills, however.

One notable addition that could be made is an underwater talent tree. This would be a 4th talent tree in addition to your regular three that focused on utility and quality of life adjustments.

I think bringing some of the aquatic skills onto land is an interesting idea. Maybe it could be achieved by making 1-2 of them a utility skill that could be slotted in for a quick "one-off" attack.

Seems quite reasonable in the way it can be implemented with your description

Archived