strange build core spvp

PierPiero.9142

After last patch i tried this build . Meta. ... no ... op ... no ... but fun and also quite strong. Obviously you have to be used to A.E.D. You can have good confusion , good bleeding and good burning. Op ... no but it hurts quite well . Elixir S is usefull for stealth and magnet old style .....http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUIC9ZhlcB2XBsehl0iacOSjd7rGCgGAsEDhDA-jJRAwAGOBAx2focZAAPAAAIt is a core build so take it for what it is and if u like playing vintage ... try this thing :) Bombs are quite fun becouse nobody expect them and becouse they are not projectils . I had always loved nades but now there is a lot of projectils hate ... so they are less effective now, especially condi .

@Tehologist.5841 said:Why blasting zone over glass cannon? This build has one, if you count elite, two blast finishers and this is a condition build so the increase in power seems out of place vs. the 5% damage increase.

I agree with you. i tried it for fun, i did not pay too much attention of the choice. Really i wanted to try a build with pistols ,condition , bomb... then i added toolkit becouse i love it and so i finalized that but i agree completely with you. thanks for the hint .

gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUIC9Zh9dBmXBsehl0iCsEDhDY8HTjd7rGCgGA-jJRAwAlLDE4BAEb/BAnAAA I was just theory crafting, I have no idea if this will work any better. I swapped in sigil of smoldering vs. the poison one as build only had one source of poison. I chose rocket boots for the long fire duration, it also moves you close which should combo with static shock for the stun. The new elixir u gives a much needed stability along with the stun and the rocket boots should allow to take advantage of smoke bomb for aoe stealth. AED is a risky condi clear and med drop can help. Though I would probably use elixir x as a last ditch stability, help capture point or elite mortar kit for more conditions and 1500 range. I am relatively inexperienced at pvp, mostly run holo when I do play. Keep us posted.

Todd

@"Tehologist.5841" said:gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUIC9Zh9dBmXBsehl0iCsEDhDY8HTjd7rGCgGA-jJRAwAlLDE4BAEb/BAnAAA I was just theory crafting, I have no idea if this will work any better. I swapped in sigil of smoldering vs. the poison one as build only had one source of poison. I chose rocket boots for the long fire duration, it also moves you close which should combo with static shock for the stun. The new elixir u gives a much needed stability along with the stun and the rocket boots should allow to take advantage of smoke bomb for aoe stealth. AED is a risky condi clear and med drop can help. Though I would probably use elixir x as a last ditch stability, help capture point or elite mortar kit for more conditions and 1500 range. I am relatively inexperienced at pvp, mostly run holo when I do play. Keep us posted.

Todd

The build i posted is not for tournament but it works really well for having fun. You have really a good damage. the damage is done by bleed, poison and burning and it go up quite fast. If you pay attention to use your bombs in the right moment it is quite effective. the idea of the build is as stupid as simple : defend with toolkit , range with pistol auto , melee with all the rest. your build has a great weak imho : you have not active defence against projectils . Elixir S and toolkit 4 helps a lot against good rangers and thief which range you all the time . I choosed sigil of poison becouse poison hits enemy heal skill but smoldering or others can be good too . The damage is really interesting :) Crate is important becouse toolbet of Crate, with medpacks helps you a lot . I put it down before starting the fight so that i have not to use a.e.d soon. A.e.d is a little tricky and you have to know when to use it. IF your opponent has a long cc chain you have to start it before you need it but when you have a bit of habit on it it can be really strong . Problem of other healings is that they need line and traits for curing conditions so if you want to use toolkit for example, u need tools line and another line for healing... instead with aed, with a single line you have heal, condi clean, and speed. It is quite good for me .

Fun is fun. My favourite build for fun is a condi/dual piatol/scrapper/gadgeteer. So far from meta but works for me and got me back out of silver... Experimental Hgh builds did a great job of dragging me back down XD (*carries on pretending that build matters over random pug teams >~<)

But you can't have fun around here without being held up against the cookie cutter, hehe.

YES, looks fun. Mad bomber man builds always fill me with joy ;)

@"Peutrifectus.4830" said:Fun is fun. My favourite build for fun is a condi/dual piatol/scrapper/gadgeteer. So far from meta but works for me and got me back out of silver... Experimental Hgh builds did a great job of dragging me back down XD (*carries on pretending that build matters over random pug teams >~<)

But you can't have fun around here without being held up against the cookie cutter, hehe.

YES, looks fun. Mad bomber man builds always fill me with joy ;)

HGH is weak becouse elixirs alone does not output damage and does not defend you. Try my build :) the damage output is really nice. Survivability is a mattern of luck and to how you are used to AED. AED is high risk high reword . If you are used to it you can have good survivability becouse traited it has a cd comparable with other health skills but it cleans a lot more condi if you take fatal damage. Obviously it is "High risk"..... so you can also die .... I tried this build for fun but when you see how much damage you can proc between bleeding, burning and confusion ( i arrived to 4k with confusion only ) it can be a real cancer and it is really simple to use becouse boms don't requite targeting ...

Thank you for the explanation, I definitely need to experiment more in PVP. Even unranked bringing a core engi in is a bit intimidating. Does gear shield work well? I honestly haven't used tool kit much, the magnetic pull seems hard to use effectively. I always loved the extra stacks of confusion on it though, confusion is pretty hard hitting when someone is autoing and not paying attention.

@Tehologist.5841 said:Thank you for the explanation, I definitely need to experiment more in PVP. Even unranked bringing a core engi in is a bit intimidating. Does gear shield work well? I honestly haven't used tool kit much, the magnetic pull seems hard to use effectively. I always loved the extra stacks of confusion on it though, confusion is pretty hard hitting when someone is autoing and not paying attention.

IF traited i think that gear shield is one of the better block skill becouse it has 14 secs cd or 13.5 . Probably other classes have good blocks too but toolkit traited has really short cd and it is a great plus . I tried many other builds but , for me ,play with no block at all is not so simple . Scrapper for example has block on 4, project reflection on 2 and evasion on 3 ..... it is a great defensive setup .... core engi with pistols has no active defense at all .... so for me toolkit is a must without HOT or POF

If it was my build, I would swap Explosives out for Scrapper or Inventions. Unless you go power, going Explosives doesn't give you THAT much extra damage. Also you take Gadeteer yet don't have Rocket Boots, which is good even without that trait. Rocket Boots=Love=Life.

@Zaviel.1245 said:If it was my build, I would swap Explosives out for Scrapper or Inventions. Unless you go power, going Explosives doesn't give you THAT much extra damage. Also you take Gadeteer yet don't have Rocket Boots, which is good even without that trait. Rocket Boots=Love=Life.

i tried but with only pistols you have not enough damage. Problem of pistols is that they does not enough damage and you have to take damage also from another source. I tried with alchemy and EG (which i really love ) but the damage pressure is quite low so i decided to try bombs and condi now they are not so bad

Archived