Throw Mine good in the ranged meta?

Rico.6873

Was reading a comment in this engi buildThe commentar was talking how bad Spectrum Shield shield was and Throw Mine skill was better and more usefull against people rezzingand snipers sniping you from high placeshttps://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Holosmith_-_Conversion_Holoand with all these ranged builds I was wondering if anyone tried this skill and had any succes with it

Roaming WvW with traited throw mine since several months, having a blast. However, this skill only works on either inexperienced or on "suprised" Players because due to the slow projectile Speed it is easy to anticipate where the mine is. It is currently rarely used and therefore not many ppl know how to counter it. So I would say the skill is very useful as Long as it is not used by too many Players. As soon as it becomes a commonly used skill it will be worthless.

Side note: the skill is also great for escaping outnumbered situations

I am on the same line as Sparkr here. Throw mine is very underrated and a looot of fun.

Edit:Oh and just to be fair and not to hide any Information -> No idea if it is intended or not, but the traited throw-mine cooldown currently runs in the Background after placing the first mines (without letting them explode). Which means that in ideal cases you can basically use it on your oponen twice in a row! AND it is ready for use after only 1 of the 2 mines explodes so you can basically also have 3, 4 or more knockback mines laying on the floor during the course of a fight, however, they vanish after 60 seconds.

Archived