Build suggestions? for gaurdian

potatocity.6470

so i play dragon hunter sword and board gaurdian with longbow. love it dont really want to change to much around but i was wondering for amulet and rune if i should change things up a bit so i have a maruder amulet and a strength rune which have been doing pretty well for me im able to still semi tank while being able to pump out a good amount of damage and was wondering if there was anything i could do to make it better?i want to here your opinions not a meta-battle link and a bye

THIS is also the current build i am using if you guys wanted to take a look or tweak

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMBL3DRNY87t8aB8IoLS5cF64_CCjgxk866P-ro

I can't look at the picture you sent but I'll try give you some advice either way. Lynx is pretty much a must have on all Guard / DH builds outside of Burn due to our glaring mobility issue.You'll still be able to pump out a lot of damage and still maintaining the 25% movespeed. As for Amulet, Marauder is probably your best choice. Depending on enemy comp you might want to consider running Paladin. This is if you see yourself being stuck in a lot of 1v1s while having a thief on your team. This will make you able to contest points against Scrappers / Spellbreakers / Druids for a really long time (if not completly stalemating them). I'd consider using Focus instead of Shield after PoF release since most of the new specs don't rely on projectiles. (No more Bristleback, LB rangers are more scarce even D/P thieves seem to be on decline).The focus offers you a much needed condi clear and blind with the #4 skill. This will make you more than able to faceroll Holosmiths and give you extra sustain against scourges.As for traits, the only real option you have on DH running LB is Valor Mid-Mid(since no shield)-mid. With Mid-Top-Mid if you're opting for shield instead of focus. Virtues Top/mid - Mid - Bot and DH Top - Top - Mid.Guardians have been pidgeonholed into using meditations for as long as they've had viable DPS specs.For utilities, go for whatever heal makes you happy (most are using trap). Test of Faith is a must have, so is Judge's Intervention. Your last slot is usually reserved for one of two condi cleanses, being Smite Condition or Contemplation of Purity.

For Sigils, you have a bunch of options on your Longbow. Some run Escape / Cleansing for double condi clear on swap. Some run intelligence for the 100% crit chance on True Shot. For Sword / X i always end up running Agility / Annulment for burst potential on swap. (Quickness on sword 3 is great).

Your link is doing nothing for me but as far as your rune question goes I like Lynx (mobility) or Pack (more damage) for my meditrapper build. Would stick to Maurader. That little bit of extra vit makes a difference since Guards lack health.

DH Meditrapper's big strength and what makes it meta is its burst. So make sure you are comboing your skills together to maximize burst. Something like LB2, Judge right before it looses, ToF, Smite, LB3 to throw them into ToF, F1 to bring them back in (I forget the exact timing, might need to F1 before LB3 so you can then F1 again to pull them back). Then swap to sword to keep the pressure up with Shield5 (to knock them back through ToF again) and Sw2 + Sw3 then sword auto. If you manage to catch them with all of that then they will be dead (often easier said than done).

Archived