Marauder Rifle

SuperPiggy.2941

Hi guys, I thought to throw together this build discuss because I haven't seen any good rifle deadeye builds up. meta battle marauder rifle has sword pistol as the off hand. Build is very powerful so I warn you might bore for ease but still good to kill people. I made build by levelling new thief and trying to optimize hero point use, transitioning to deadeye at 80. trees are critical strikes first for damage, shadow arts for survive/ stealth/ stealth skill. access, last tree from core I chose deadly arts but other choices may viability. finally deadeye at 80. For traits, I will go over choosable;Critical strikes: Twin Fangs, Practiced Tolerance, Hidden KillerShadow Arts: Concealed Defeat, Hidden Thief, Rending ShadeDeadeye: One in the Chamber, Silent Scope, Maleficent SevenFor Weapons (sigils);Shortbow (I use sigil of purity and bloodlust but other options can maximize dps on this set)Rifle (sigil of force and air)

Armor and weapon stats are full Marauder, trinkets as well (its just a more efficient stat combo especially trinkets since they give up precision for vitality and precision doesn't increase the critical damage. We are using hidden killer which gives 100% critical strike chance for a duration which we can use by weaving in/out of stealth breaking targeting and acquire this critical strike)Runes are Scholar (power and ferocious plus a nice bonus if you have high hp)

Utilities are Hide in Shadows, Shadowstep , Blinding Powder, Assasin's Signet/Shadow refuge , Shadow MeldHere we try to make the most of concealed defeat , get a strong heal/stealth/cleanse, shadow step double stun break cleanse 1200 g, blinding powder for stun break blind/ stealth/ stability, signet is preferred but if duelling against a shadow refuge can slot for even fight, and shadow meld to counter revealed/ quick success judgement/ stack long duration stealth.

Some build insight ;

Start fights by marking optimal target (high hp elite in dungeon or squishy/necro in pvp) you can dodge once for opening stealth to get a good position and mark los. Follow up. with rifle 2 to build malice/pierce 100% critical. after hitting max malice (I use the boons ie protection to know when this happens) can use stolen skill if sure to connect or dodge roll for stealth and follow up judgement. If judgement connects, rinse/ repeat but use shadow meld for cantrip stolen skill to do a third time if miss can wait out revealed or meld for quick re judging. Shortbow is chosen for mobility and to. a lesser extent cluster bombs/ detonate cluster which is a good age initiative dump, clear trash mobs cleave downed etc. the auto attack is also good for tagging or damage poisoned foes. In outnumbered scenarios / hard fights you've got to be quick on your stun breaks besides that just build malice from range and judge your enemies. also judgement steals 2 boons and is boss by 7 malice stacks and possible assassin signet. very good 120% critical strike.

Projectile hate classes are my favourite matchupwith this build not because of ease but because they give up other stuff for projectile hate skill/. traits which have low uptime/ high cool down. Just poke comfortable at range, dodge if reflect start follow judgement unblock able. You have to care with spell breaker ult and ele air focus destroy projectile, these can destroy judgement but besides that/ invulnerable judgement should connect.

@SuperPiggy.2941 said:Also, the way I use Shortbow, close range detonate cluster instantly or split second after release, the bombs hit targets which block/reflect projectiles like sand lions, mirages etc.

Agreed. I think shortbow is great with rifle. It gets rid of clones so u can get back to rifle to burst down mesmers. N mesmers need clones to do dmg.

To the other guy Spell breaker isn't an issue. Just don't shoot him when his block animation is up. Lol

Archived