I can't buy gems. [Resolved] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I can't buy gems. [Resolved]

Fawkes.3429Fawkes.3429 Member
edited November 6, 2018 in Account & Technical Support

Message received: "Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later!"

Hello, I've been trying to buy gems for over a week now. Prior to that, I would get this error occasionally but eventually I would be able to purchase gems. Now it seems I can never buy them, there's always an error pop-up. I've tried numerous times daily for over a week. The error pops up for less than a second.

My sister is able to purchase gems on her account with no issues. So I had her log into my account and try to purchase gems with both my card and her card. I wanted to see if it's any issue on my end with my firewall, download, or credit card. She got the error as well when she tried to purchase gems using both my credit card and hers. She's also still able to buy gems on her account just fine. So it really seems like it's an issue with my account. Can someone please help me?

Thank you in advance. :)

Comments

• I am also in this situation. Logged a support ticket on Monday, got an additional request back from support, followed up with them and now I am waiting on a response back. If I hear back I will post anything they come up with. I made purchases a couple weeks with no problem, last 4 days I have not been able to, checked with CC companies and PayPal, not attempts have been made to deny, so it isn't get past their servers.

• @Fawkes.3429 said:
    Hello, I've been trying to buy gems for over a week now. Prior to that, I would get this error occasionally but eventually I would be able to purchase gems. Now it seems I can never buy them, there's always an error pop-up. I've tried numerous times daily for over a week. The error pops up for less than a second.

My sister is able to purchase gems on her account with no issues. So I had her log into my account and try to purchase gems with both my card and her card. I wanted to see if it's any issue on my end with my firewall, download, or credit card. She got the error as well when she tried to purchase gems using both my credit card and hers. She's also still able to buy gems on her account just fine. So it really seems like it's an issue with my account. Can someone please help me?

Thank you in advance. :)

You can contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance. That's the best way for personalized response.

Good luck.

• Stonesolid.2706Stonesolid.2706 Member
    edited October 20, 2018

I'm having the same issue. Still waiting on a response from support. I put in a ticket with GW2 support and also contacted Digital River afterwards. Wish they were a little quicker but maybe this is their way of keeping me from spending as much on the game.

• I've been trying to buy gems for the last week also. I have tried 4 credit cards and my debt card along with a PayPal account and have not been able to. If anyone gets help please let me know so that I'll be able to try the fix and get some gems. Thank you for all the help!

• @Scooter.4819 said:
    I've been trying to buy gems for the last week also. I have tried 4 credit cards and my debt card along with a PayPal account and have not been able to. If anyone gets help please let me know so that I'll be able to try the fix and get some gems. Thank you for all the help!

You will need to contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

• I tried to get around this by using a Gem Card that was purchased from a local Gamestop. The code did not work even though I know I typed it in correctly and have submitted a ticket

• maybe they plan to take cash purchase out of gw2?

• Maxeum.6284Maxeum.6284 Member
    edited November 3, 2018

I am getting this same problem, have a support ticket in. its been about 25 hours still no response.

• Same issue here. Opened a ticket 3 days ago, followed up yesterday, and did not get any reply whatsoever. Seeing as this is one of their source of revenue, I don't really understand why this isn't being treated with some sort of importance.

I just started playing about a week+ ago, bought both expansions, and have been really enjoying the game so far. I just hope this isn't a reflection of what their customer service would be like for all other issues as it does not give a very good first impression imo

• Same man, i got the game at the beginning of the year but really only started playing about a week ago. on my 4th day of waiting for support

• Just wanted to update the situation, they got back to me, took about 4 days but they fixed the issue.

• Did they mention the issue? I have the exact same issue as well.

• Was the solution to wait for support to get back and fix the billing error with your specific account? Sounds like something got messed up between GW2 player accounts and their billing system. I did submit a support ticket on this today (Sunday) so i probably won't get a response until they start their work week. Hopefully I'm able to buy the Raven gear before it rotates out.

• Same issue!

• same problem here :(

• You can contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below for assistance.

Good luck.

• Had the pleasure of experiencing this too and haven't heard back from support yet.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Serotoninjunkie.4162 said:
    Had the pleasure of experiencing this too and haven't heard back from support yet.

I just starting getting this today, bought gems fine on the 15th, but cant as of time now.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• Bought some gems an hour or so ago. Went to buy some more just now and can't. Error message flashes too quickly for me to actually read it. Tried credit card and paypal. Neither worked.

• @Kestrel.9765 said:
    Bought some gems an hour or so ago. Went to buy some more just now and can't. Error message flashes too quickly for me to actually read it. Tried credit card and paypal. Neither worked.

Same EXACT BOAT i am in right now. I have tried my bank debit card, paypal cash card (Master Card), and PayPal. I get the same exact message. I am now waiting for support. I was just going to buy Living world season 2. I am a new account just finished the waiting process for the verification YESTERDAY!

• Having the same issue. I don't know why this is marked as "SOLVED" when it clearly is not. Anet, your playerbase is having issues purchasing gems from your store. Please look into it.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Probably because the OP had his issue resolved when he/she contacted the Billing CS Team.
    That or the particular issue that was in effect at that time was resolved.
    It's usually an account issue, though.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.