Is Hybrid Revenant with Tormenting Runes viable to small fights at WvW?

Ney Matogrosso.5736

I ready a lot of comments talking about condi rev at WvW and how bad it is. But at same time, power rev is still good for roaming. So, my question is about Hybrid Rev? I build this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApcmn3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrkFNFyOgJshpdIEpodBBICA-j1SBQBoUJoFOCAI4QAYIdASb/h8pFAAnAgBpJYUq/ktHAQZU+RKgPnGB-wThis is viable? I think I have a good damage with condi and power and lots of regen and life steal. Thanks

Hey, I've been playing around with a hybrid myself (link below) which whilst not meta by any means has been fun to play. I've not tried yours but as a glance, I would expect that the build is a little too tanky to the point that it won't do enough damage to kill before others escape or overwhelm you. You also have decent ferocity but little precision or power to make use of it. Another point damage wise is that the condi damage is quite low along with no expertise (though I do appreciate that there is the torment duration on runes) to sustain them and let them stack up.

As for changes, I think that buffing the damage is the main factor to get it off the ground. 'Ferocious Strikes' as a trait is not as good as the damage multiplier from 'Vicious Lacerations' (this affects all weapons).

I have tried both Renegade and Herald but have found myself that for hybrid, Renegade works better with Kalla's buff - increase ferocity and % condi damage.

The aim with the build I've posted is to use Shiro for mobility (close gap/escape) as well as Impossible Odds to ramp up direct damage where needed or else self-buffing. Mallyx for more sustained moments or against multiple people (which is why the weapons are a little tankier with Trailblazer - try to stack conditions then switch over to Shiro to burst down even if they clear. It isn't phenomenal by any means but I've had decent success and fun.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAsc5nnvNeNS6JvJRVlHlsrykSYW5SJYssrkFNlqdACgI4PIHylMtDChUA-jFTBQBO7IAAgTAwoUTpZHEg9pZYsKZQrSQ+t/wDeAAZV1C8oHIjKnIFQEbtA-w

Hybrid is not currently going to be as effective as either power or condi because stats are spread more thinly. Mostly just have fun, but I do think you will struggle to kill players with the lower damage output.

I've not given the new Torment runes a go but to be honest I'm curious to test them out :)Hope that that helps!

Archived