Refund on over 30 days

George.9745

So I got a pretty gaming rig, i7-7700, 8Gb RAM, GTX 1070, pretty good laptop. At least decent I would say. The game has constant crashes. Only this game. Nothing else crashes my laptop, only GW2. After 2 months from purchase and searching and a lot of support mails, I came to the conclusion that the game is unplayable for me. It's broken, ok? And tbh, I don't think it's something wrong with my system as the laptop is 4 months old (2 months old when I bought the game), and I did some research and a lot of people have this issue with the game (especially those with gtc 10 series). So I was patient, I tried to solve the issue with the support, I was understanding the issue. After 2 month of not even being able to play, I want a refund. I don't mind about my account, they can delete it forever with the items and all. I just want my money back because I don't want to buy broken stuff. NOW they don't want to give my money back because it passed more than 30 days. So I was nice and waited for them and searched for solutions to fix the problem. But when it comes to do the right thing and give me my money back for giving me a broken game, they are some real jerks. They put a big no in my face. Looks like this company doesn't give a damn about you, they don't care that I can't play their game, they got the money and ran away. Any advice on what I should do? I really want my money back...or should I spend another 2k$ on a new gaming laptop?

If all other options are exhausted then look to your consumer rights advocate for the country you live in.

As an example https://accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees is the site for Australia's consumer right guarantee. There it says that products must be "safe, lasting, with no faults". As the game, as a product, is not without fault for you; you could go to the ACCC and make a complaint. Provided you had detailed your endeavours with attempting to repair the game with the help of support, and your subsequent attempts to gain a refund after attempts to repair failed, you have a fairly solid case to present to the ACCC.

Obviously this is just an example of AUSTRALIAN consumer protection (and probably a poor one at that), regardless the point I'm trying to make is to get in contact with your consumer rights advocate. They may be able to help you when all other avenues are spent.

Archived