Blind and Retaliation, an alternative to prevent binarity.

Fortus.6175

Much like stability was changed from being either too strong or useless in certain scenarios, I propose a way for both statuses to shine in every situation:

Skills with multi hits are notorious for not being easy to mitigate with blind, likewise, retaliation can often cause more damage "refelcted" back than what the skill itself was doing to the target affected. The opposite is true for one-hit skills which would be negated by blinds, but retaliation would do little to nothing agaisnt it.

In order to maintain their flavor and still uniqueness, I propose that blind be very short lived (say .75-1.5 seconds), and retaliation reflect back a VERY small flat amount + % of the damage received AFTER defenses. The reasoning for the after defenses is that on squishy targets, said damage reflected would be significantly higher than say a vs bunker like FB or scrapper, who have large amounts of sustain/defenses and would rely on you killing yourself while they barely feel anything.

Question.

If this were to happen, what happens to the classes that utilize retailiation and blind fairly well as defensive tool. I mean, they are there to mitigate damage without having to overly buff other skills. And all of the blind stacking comes from corrupts anyways so?

I'm having trouble understanding why blind is an issue when it is a defensive tactic to try and counter all of this disgusting damage. That goes for retal as well. Blind was brought up as a problem back in HoT, but that's because there was no need for it since everything was so tanky. I cannot justify a reason to make those two things weaker or even tweaked until we see damage nerfs across the board.

Archived