POF Story disconnection issues

So I've went through all of HOT and POF in the last few weeks on my necromancer, and I keep getting disconnected from POF story instances. The most frustrating part is it's always right at the end so I have to do 10-20 minutes of gameplay I just finished, immediately, making long boring and/or grindy bits twice as long, boring, and grindy. It would happen right at the end of Crystalline Memories (during ending dialogue), The Departing (during ending dialogue), and To Kill A God (when the FMV ends), which all force me to re-do long fights and in the case of CM and Departing, long, unskippable story/dialogue sequences which are boring after the first time.

The problem is apparently caused by an inactive graphics card jumping back to life, creating a voltage difference and a millisecond disconnect which GW2 kicks you for and forcing you to restart the instance from a checkpoint (or the beginning, in my case of The Departing and To Kill A God). This is the only real suggestion I've found on the issue, I haven't seen an official response.

The solution is to keep moving, looking around, jumping, in order to keep your graphics card busy, and to limit your FPS in order to prevent that performance spike. I've tried repairing my installation and disabling my anti-virus software, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I got through CM just by doing it again, and The Departed I tried the jump-and-look-around method and got through it (whether that fixed it or not I don't know).

I'm going to limit my FPS and try to do To Kill A God again (I even have the achievement for not dying, so the game knows I've won the fight and I have to start the fight over anyway) but since I can't move during an FMV hopefully limiting the FPS is enough.

Story instances need more checkpoints. Or at least a warning it's going to kick you so you can prepare by moving around and limiting your FPS.

I have a GTX1080 and an 850W gold certified power supply in a computer I built myself, so I would've thought a problem like this shouldn't happen. I'm not an expert in electricity and computer engineering however.

In the new forums I don't see an option to edit posts, but I forgot to say I only mention HOT because this has never been an issue before POF, even on the same computer (I played GW2 on a different computer), and I stole the apparent solution from Lanhelin in this thread https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/12462/crystalline-memories-disconnecting-me-at-the-end

Archived