Sword Swap Timer

Sebrent.3625

Main-hand Sword skill #3 provides a Leap and the ability to either return to our previous location OR swap places with our close (Virtuoso vs non-Virtuoso).

There is no timer to tell us how much longer we have until the ability to swap places is no longer available.

Thief has a similar ability on Main-hand Sword skill #2. It does provide an icon with a timer to tell them.

I think we should have that same nice quality-of-life. Simple as that.

Two images for comparison

https://imgur.com/gallery/fhXMNUH

You can see in the images that we have a circle indicating where we teleported from (Virtuoso in this example) for both classes, but there is no boon/status icon for the Mesmer. There is for the Thief and it even has a cooldown when you mouseover it and starts to blink when it's about to go away.

Edited by Sebrent.3625
Added more detail talking about the pictures
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I always find it easier to look at the #3 skill button to see if the shadowstep/swap is available or not. I find it a lot easier to see that then to look for a much smaller buff icon whose position can change on the buff bar

Edited by OriOri.8724

2 hours ago, OriOri.8724 said:

I always find it easier to look at the #3 skill button to see if the shadowstep/swap is available or not. I find it a lot easier to see that then to look for a much smaller buff icon whose position can change on the buff bar

The button doesn't tell you how much longer you have until it's unavailable.

Edited by Sebrent.3625
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Neither does an icon in the buff bar unless you are hovering your mouse over it? The only indication it will give is when you have less than 5 seconds left when it starts flashing. But again, that is a much smaller icon, whose place on the buff bar can change. Its a lot harder to look for it than to just look at your skill bar and see if the swap is still available

5 minutes ago, OriOri.8724 said:

Neither does an icon in the buff bar unless you are hovering your mouse over it? The only indication it will give is when you have less than 5 seconds left when it starts flashing. But again, that is a much smaller icon, whose place on the buff bar can change. Its a lot harder to look for it than to just look at your skill bar and see if the swap is still available

Why not have both? Some of us are capable of seeing the flashing icon and it would be nice to have it. Apparently whoever works on Thief skills thought so, and I appreciate having that on my bar when I'm on my Thief. There are other skills like this too.

Is there a reason to not have it?

• Like 1