Screen Freeze during loading (Solved may be but I do nothing)

ChDindon.8931

Hello All, I'd searched in the forum and don't found this so I create a discussion about that.

(Sorry if my english is not a good one, it's not my native language)

Recently, on Guild Wars 2, I have an issue that I can't identify. Sometimes it happen but sometimes I can play lots of hours without any problem.

When I'm on the loading screen of a map, the screen freeze et nothing responding on GW2. I can only kill the task. I noted those informations for this bug :

• This can happen on the loading screen of every map (towns, WvW, Guild Hall...)
  • I can walk and take a portal to change map, I can use teleportation, this problem can happen in both cases
  • This can happen on a map who worked fine few minutes before
  • This can happen when I try to load a map the first time in the day, after some minutes, hours, or never happen even if I play 3 hours

I saw on another forum an explanation about vertical synchronization, they said it can freeze the game et it can be solved if it's desactivated but I already play with a V-Sync desactivated.

I noted something else, linked to this problem but I think this point can be a computer problem. If it can help, I prefer mention it :When the freeze happen, I kill the task GW2 game client. When I do that, another GW2 client task appear in the background tasks and I can't kill it (not enough rights). If I try to launch Gw2 or repair it, I have the message who explain GW2 can't access to the file "local.dat". The background task of Gw2 Game Client use it I think.If I have this problem, when I shutdown or relaunch my computer, it can't close Windows or the computer (may be the task again).

So, someone already have had this kind of issue?

2nd this - I've been experiencing what looks to be the same problem over the last few weeks since approximately the last large patch (or so). Using "-maploadinfo" shows the load screen freezes in "state_server_wait" without proceeding to "state_map_stream", "state_model_stream" etc while "elapsed wait time" ticks up to 5 minutes, at which point the client declares connection lost.

The only way I've found to circumvent the issue is to kill the client using task manager and start again, which usually allows the current map to be loaded normally (taking approx 10~30 seconds on my hardware) which then usually allows a successful map change once loaded in, but on rare occasions happens multiple times in a row.

It feels to me like either some switch/trigger to continue the load process is being lost or ignored by the server, or simply that the server is getting hammered and has dropped the queued task. My connection is stable and testing shows no packet loss, I am in Australia and my usual ping to servers is in the range 190~220ms using "ReduceTheLag" gaming VPN..

This problem is annoyingly common of late, happening at least once and usually multiple times in every session.

Please google ".....Show Game bar when I play full screen games Microsoft has verified

I have had many game freezes due to a setting in win10 game bar / compatilbility, if you are on win 10..

Please Note, GW2 was recently added to the list of games Microsoft applies this setting to.........

• 5 weeks later...

Hello All, sorry for the long time but my problem seems to be a random thing and I wanted to be sure.

I tried 2 things, desactivate the game bar and uninstall Overwolf (I forgot this soft). To be sure, I also used constantly the instruction "-maploadinfo".I've got the problem again, one time (I played a lot to try to reproduce that and it's just one time, before your help, it was a lot more). I saw this was at the end of the loading, 100%, map status at "STATE_READY", I don't see something in particular but when this happen, during the loading screen I used Alt+Tab to go on teamspeak and go back to the game.

Except this time, no problem in one month (I made other tests with Alt+Tab but all was ok). Not really sure if this can be considering as a solution but it help a lot on my side. I will try some things again before considering this solved. Thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived