Necromancer Scourge, Sandstorm Shroud

GW2 prides itself with "race not mattering" except for the story, meaning in theory, every race should be equal with the classes themselves, but they are not. Scourge F5 skill, sandstorm shroud has different AoE sizes off of yourself acting as a shade and not the shades themselves. Provided in the link below are some screenshots, which are not visual glitches, but actual AoE effects for each race. Not only that, but height also effects this skill. The parameters are the same, they are all the same talents and same camera angle and positioning. For reference, the greater shade is utilized as well. If this is by design, please ignore this, but if this is not by design, definitely look into this. 

The link with all of the different range indicators - Imgur: Necromancer Scourge AoE Effects

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 9 months later...

I’ve mostly given up hope on this getting looked at and fixed, but since it annoys me do much, I’d like to once again draw attention to this issue. AFAIK the actual range is not affected the these visual indicator inconsistencies, but that doesn’t make it much better. No matter which race you play, the AoE effect will always be wrong, often very very wrong (Charr and Asura have it worst).

Also, I am begging you ANET, please change the expanding circle effect to something else. To my (colour blind) eyes this not only obscures most other important effects (like things I should move out or stand in) but it’s also indistinguishable from enemy attack AoEs. (Thus has lead to me dodging my own circles more than I’d like to admit). The game is already problematic for me as a colour blind player and this is one of the most aggravating examples of inaccessibility. I love you and I love scourge - please help me enjoy playing the game and my favourite profession 🥺