Firebrand boons question

Dark Viper.2378

I am still sort of a new player here and i figured out that boons acctually stack, and I am maining quickness support firebrand rn. My question is should the mantra of potence and feel my wrath abilities be on perma cooldown (since getting the required gear makes it that quickness is up 100% of the time). And if so during an opener, should i prioritize doing my burn damage rotation (Axe skills + purging flames + tome of justice) then the quickness buffs or is it the other way around?

Another question is if i want to use the 3 charges of mantra potence, do i click them all together in a row or how does the rotation work for this part?

Thanks for your time 🙂

In general, spamming Feel my Wrath and Mantra of Potence off cooldown (Assuming you are running Unrelenting Criticism) will give you the highest quickness uptime, as due to the last mantra charge being the strongest, you are effectively getting 4 mantra charges per recharging of Potence (2.5s x 2 and 5s for the final charge) instead of sticking to a 1/whenever.

While it is good for a boon dps also to deal some good damage, you should prioritize providing quickness and other necessary boons first as due to making trait/utility skill/gear changes, your potential damage will not be as high as this of a purely DPS build. And boons in general are very strong and actually end up making a lot of the damage numbers you see on the screen. This makes the QFB opener kind of busy: you ideally want to blow your potence/flame mantra charges + feel my wrath, while also continuing with your weapon and tome rotation. Remember not to skimp on them boons if possible, and also that there is in fact nothing wrong with running more than the necessary amount of Boon Duration/Concentration Gear (the gear recommended on snowcrows page uses enough concentration to have an uptime of 105% to account for mistakes/mechanics)🙂

The only case where I would think twice before using the final Potence charge is on encounters like for example

Spoiler

Kaineng Overlook, where in the 1st intermission phase the Ritualist channels a long lightning attack that can strip boons if you get hit by it. Would be quite unfortunate to be locked out of quickness for 20 seconds, wouldn't it?

• Thanks 1