Eye of the Brandstorm - defend amnoon against branded section - boss untargetable

Leaky.1472

I was in a party with 3 others and we all entered the story instance together. My map is still loading 80 seconds later (mac 64-bit client, this is not unusual on this machine). Meanwhile the story has progressed and I'm watching helplessly on one of the other party member's screen. Finally it loads and we move through the next couple of sections until we get to the branded wyvern - everything is fine except that we can't target it! We attempt to restart the instance, but /gg doesn't work and every time one of us dies, the npcs revive them before the others can die! Eventually the instance owner logs out and back in and we all get kicked out.Attempt 2 results in none of the crystals being able to be damaged even though we can target them. Again, 60+ seconds map load time for me.I leave the party, everyone else goes in for attempt 3 and it all works fine.

Not sure if it's a coincidence that it worked third time or something related to my excessive map load times.

Mac 64 bit client works ok apart from really slow loading times on a 2012 imac. The 32 bit client used to be a lot faster to load maps, but now results in "Coherent host crashed" about 9 times out of 10.

Archived