Where is the scholar rune 6th bonus in relics?

Seems like if you are an engy and you want to play power there is no power relic for you!! Shame!! All runes well almost all are designed for professions! Now if I'm blind and most certanly I am where is a relic for engineers? How am I suppose to use any other relics when they are specifically designed for certain professions??? Like Relic for necromancers, guardians,  elementalists you can't even use them because says after using : shout, mantra, stance etc. Dissapointed!! You took something that was working fine and remodeled it for your favorite classes, while other classes have no runes to use!! I want my money back, this expansion is not worth it!!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Plissken.8640 said:

Pretty sure that "Relic of the Thief" fits that bill.

"Upon striking an enemy with a weapon skill that has a recharge or resource cost, gain 1% strike damage for 6 seconds, up to a maximum of 5 stacks, and refresh duration of all stacks to 6 seconds."

Someone that can confirm that Relic of the Thief works on other Specs than Thief/Revenant. As far as I understand the passage with recharge or resource cost this is related to initiative cost and the revenents energy cost. 

• Confused 1

Ok I just tested it. And in fact "Relic of the Thief" is triggering on Chrono every time I hit with a skill that has a recharge cooldown. I assume this resource cost is then Thief specific since the Thief weapon skill have no recharge cooldown.

Btw. Good way to try out the different Relics is the "Heart of the Mists" since you can just equip them and try out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes I agree with the point that giving us a Scholar Relic and this new Relic of the Thief would not have hurt. 

Personally I like the condition of Relic of the Thief more then the condition Scholar had. The 90% health relied mostly on the Healer, while keeping up 5% stacks of Relic of the Thief is now fully in my control.

I don't know which classes you play but Rev or Chrono have at least one rechargeable weapon skills that is a multi hit and build directly the 5 stacks. So after just a few seconds it hits the 5% buff. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Root the Kid.1026 said:

Yes I agree with the point that giving us a Scholar Relic and this new Relic of the Thief would not have hurt. 

Personally I like the condition of Relic of the Thief more then the condition Scholar had. The 90% health relied mostly on the Healer, while keeping up 5% stacks of Relic of the Thief is now fully in my control.

I don't know which classes you play but Rev or Chrono have at least one rechargeable weapon skills that is a multi hit and build directly the 5 stacks. So after just a few seconds it hits the 5% buff. 

Completely agreeing with this. With relics, I can much easier just swap that final bonus to whatever I want to do today instead of needing to change all my runes. This will be great for the future as they can now focus on adding interesting relics and not have to think about the rest of the rune bonuses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2023 at 1:29 PM, Sootser.9541 said:

Completely agreeing with this. With relics, I can much easier just swap that final bonus to whatever I want to do today instead of needing to change all my runes. This will be great for the future as they can now focus on adding interesting relics and not have to think about the rest of the rune bonuses.

Yes and meaningful stats can be selected on the Runes as well. Before I had to run "Rune of Thief" on my Chrono for the Precision and the 10% Dmg buff. But the Condition Dmg the Rune added was not helping/wasted. Now I can simply put there a Ferocity/Precision Rune (Like Golemancer or Ranger) and take "Relic of the Thief" for a Dmg boost. Or switch out the Rune for "Rune of Leadership" to get more Boon duration but not loosing the 5% dmg buff of the Relic.
Like the flexibility of the system a lot. Only thing is I whished they would have added more Relics for Power or Condi Dps which are not class specific. But maybe those come then later with a patch.