Necromancer WVW Zerg Gear Purchase or grind?

Tonks.8052

Hi all,

Please excuse me for my ignorance as I just reached level 80 and want to get into WVW Zerg combat.  Regarding amulets, armor and sigils:  I only have 9 gold as of now, so I'm wondering what my approach to purchasing the following recommended items should be:

https://hardstuck.gg/gw2/builds/necromancer/power-reaper-2/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiwcM2K48LY

Thank you in advance!

You can buy stat selectable weapons and armour from TEID-07 in the WvW maps so long as you have a few badges from doing a bit of WvW (should be easy since you want to do WvW). For buying any runes, sigils or getting ascended trinkets with laurels, I strongly suggest using the Wizard's Vault to buy gold and laurels. You can get 90 gold for 540 AA which you can gain very easily in less than a week of dailies and weeklies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First I suggest: Mukluklabs

He has great guides. Especially look at "Stronger start" or "80 now what" for gearing a new toon.  Also has a WvW starter video too.

Second: Don't rush. The faster you try and get that gear the more gold it'll cost you.  Instead take it a piece at a time.

When searching the TP don't look for the name "berserker" look for the stats themselves "Power + Percision" in the search as well as exotic and lvl 80. This will show more than say crafted items that are berserker but are expensive because of it being crafted.  There is also cheap items that are stat selectable. I don't know all of them but "Ice Golem's Maw Box" is a good and cheap stat selectable helm.

Third: As Mistwraithe said there is a NEW vendor in WvW that sells stat selectable exotics for badges. Fairly cheap and selectable. 

Pay attention to chat or follow a commander as best you can. When I started, I'd find a place getting attacked and grab a cannon/treb and just fire at the enemy. Don't forget to pick up loot if you don't have the auto yet!

Hope some of that helped.

• Thanks 1