I just want to play WvW with friends and the beta made it possible!

I will miss the beta. The guild I am in are mostly on Sea of Sorrows, which is full so I cannot transfer and opens up for new members very infrequently. But these past few weeks I have gotten into a morning routine of playing some wvw with a small group and it has been great fun! Not having to deal with the question of which server to join to the exclusion of all others is a major improvement. 

Where it gets tricky is, what if you have multiple groups you want to play with? In my case the group I play with each morning is on the other side of the world and so not available in evenings my time. If I found a second guild that was active in those hours I would like to be able to reliably play with them. Before beta I was starting to get a feel of several other groups who ran decent public squads in the time slots I was available, but I didn't bother trying to find any during the beta because they wouldn’t be on my team the following week.

That said there is something to be said for a somewhat stable set of allies to have around: familiarity with other guilds active in a time slot improves coordination and it feels good to be part of a larger collaboration on the battlefield. And it gives you more options when playing outside the hours when most of your normal group play. 

Overall: I really liked this beta and will be sad to see it end. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, MoogKnight.6091 said:

The guild I am in are mostly on Sea of Sorrows, which is full so I cannot transfer and opens up for new members very infrequently.

So the real problem is, and I've been saying this for years, is the dev's keep worlds locked.

I can't wait for this beta to finally end so we can have our worlds back. Next we have to get the dev's to allow more transfers. Freedom of movement is essential to human happiness.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The size of worlds and when they are locked to transfers does seem like the root of many of the issues they are trying to address. I think free movement between servers and bonus incentives to switch to lower population servers would do a lot of good in that regard.