REQUEST: crafting checkbox tweak

PLEASE NOTE:  I have not previously submitted a request into this virtual Suggestions Box, so if this is in the wrong forum area, my apologies, and please do let me know where I ought to post such things instead in the future.  And with that out of the way...

This is a request for a QoL tweak to the crafting UI.

When crafting, you are given the choice to select whether or not to display recipes for your current or any lower tier of item you're worked through.  This works beautifully on your very first toon.

All subsequent toons, however, are forced to maintain selection of all higher-tiered crafting options, which, in a relatively quite short time, equates to a pointless sea of reddened items you won't be able to craft until the Master or Grandmaster levels, making scrolling through at all earlier times needlessly tedious and error-prone.  (Oddly, this doesn't always happen just as you start crafting on a new toon, and may be triggered after acquiring the first 100 or so crafting levels.  It's strangely inconsistent.)

Please make ALL checkboxes available for use for all subsequent toons.  If you think leaving them forced-off for all the profession pioneers on a new player's account is a nice spoiler-avoidance thing, great.  Leave things as they are for that player's very first toon working through the given discipline, but please give all subsequent ones the option to turn off the giant waterfall of red letters that make subsequent crafting a minor misery for those who choose to grandmaster multiple toons on their account.

Thanks!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Imperator Nox.7509 said:

PLEASE NOTE:  I have not previously submitted a request into this virtual Suggestions Box, so if this is in the wrong forum area, my apologies, and please do let me know where I ought to post such things instead in the future.  And with that out of the way...

This is a request for a QoL tweak to the crafting UI.

When crafting, you are given the choice to select whether or not to display recipes for your current or any lower tier of item you're worked through.  This works beautifully on your very first toon.

All subsequent toons, however, are forced to maintain selection of all higher-tiered crafting options, which, in a relatively quite short time, equates to a pointless sea of reddened items you won't be able to craft until the Master or Grandmaster levels, making scrolling through at all earlier times needlessly tedious and error-prone.  (Oddly, this doesn't always happen just as you start crafting on a new toon, and may be triggered after acquiring the first 100 or so crafting levels.  It's strangely inconsistent.)

Please make ALL checkboxes available for use for all subsequent toons.  If you think leaving them forced-off for all the profession pioneers on a new player's account is a nice spoiler-avoidance thing, great.  Leave things as they are for that player's very first toon working through the given discipline, but please give all subsequent ones the option to turn off the giant waterfall of red letters that make subsequent crafting a minor misery for those who choose to grandmaster multiple toons on their account.

Thanks!

FYI:  https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/96299-suggestionsqol-quality-of-life-ideas-merged/?do=getNewComment

5 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Oh wow.  You mean they're all just jammed into one long post?  That's the equivalent of putting a sign saying "Please place your suggestions HERE.  And remember, we care!" over a furnace slot.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

[rummage, rummage]

....what is the emoji for displaying cosmically-scaled skepticism?....

[rummage, etc]

well, ok, i guess.  i'll slap this at the tail end of that thread. can't help but feel all hope of its implementation shriveling away, though....

regardless, thanks for the info

Edited by Imperator Nox.7509
  • Sad 1