The game client lost its connection to server, please wait a few min before restarting the client and try again.

Posted (edited)

Hello,

i was having this problem, i solved. 

can you try this steps :

wifi setting :
dns server assigment
preffed dns : 8.8.8.8
altarnative dns : 8.8.4.4

restart your pc, starting game.

Edited by xoriqinn.3597
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I'm having issues like this. My ping is super high and unstable compared to my usual 200-250ms. It hovers around 300-1000ms but feels worse than it's saying. Maybe something is happening with AWS? All the ping test websites are showing really terrible ping to the US east AWS regions 🙁

(This is from New Zealand for context)

Edited by LuckyTortle.1529

Posted (edited)

Been having issue for the last 6-8 hours. The game crashed and first it wouldn't let me log back in. "The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time." Was popping up on the launcher.

After about 2 hours I started being able to get to the character select page after several minutes of loading, but it would crash when trying to load a map.

A few hours after that, I can load onto a map after several minutes of loading, but I still get an error and the game crashes shortly after. "The game client lost it's connection to the server." Popping up as an error window in the game.

Also in New Zealand.

Edited by Autumnmane.3574

11 minutes ago, LuckyTortle.1529 said:

@Autumnmane.3574 Are you with one nz? I have friends that are on slingshot who seem to not be experiencing the same high ping. They don't play GW2, I was testing it using https://www.cloudping.cloud/aws. The us-east regions were showing super high pings for me, but not my friends

I think my house is with Skinny, but the rest of my connections are fine, haven't had any issues with browsers or Discord calls, just GW2

Posted (edited)

Thanks all for the reply, I think the issue was US was having very bad storm. it seen to sorted itself out few hours later.

I don't know why weather would effect internet connection, but it seen to do it in bad weathers.

Edited by Kyratalor.2483
  • Confused 1

I had these issues last night, One NZ, It's not an issue in NZ, AUS & others in WvW were affected, I ran tests, reset IP, DNS, used VPN routing & tunneling while also useing traceroute e.t.c.
The issue is US to Server side It's not from the cable to NZ/AUS. Traceroute & complains spread suggested at the time the issue is with the server itself not the connection. But keep in mind priavte routes wont display & could of been an issue, those are from West US to server location. Either way its a Arenanet issue not your local IP's.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, LuckyTortle.1529 said:

I'm having issues like this. My ping is super high and unstable compared to my usual 200-250ms. It hovers around 300-1000ms but feels worse than it's saying. Maybe something is happening with AWS? All the ping test websites are showing really terrible ping to the US east AWS regions 🙁

(This is from New Zealand for context)

im in SEA, my normal ping is 300-400, whn its bad its 600-4k. after finding a solution, the best value i found has brought it down to stable 180-220 now using for the past year, my regret is not finding it sooner. feels like a fresh new game. link below

https://www.exitlag.com/aff.php?aff=10097818

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1