Homestead = new Hall of Monuments?

As well as being our new personal home instance/housing I think it would be killer if it had some of the philosophy of the GW1 HoM, i.e. displaying minis, leggy armour/weapons, ornaments based on expansions or achievements etc. Taking this further, could this potentially be how rewards might be calculated if we end up getting 'the next game'...?

Also, adding my voice for a library/bookshelf - my bank tabs cannot bear the weight of all of those books any longer...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If anything any hypothetical sequel rewards would be calculated from Achievement Points.

It's likely there will be achievements going forward that reward decorations, and there's a non zero chance we'll get retroactive rewards for a few achievements, but I expect the bulk of the decorations to come from the gemstone, after all, players themselves wouldn't shut up about how much money Anet could potentially made off the gem store if they ever brought housing to Guild Wars 2...

Now watch all those people flip flop the same way they did with precursors from quests, another highly requested feature that took a tremendous amount of work to implement so they'd satisfy the "there's nothing legendary about buying a precursor off the trading post, I wanna go on an epic adventure" only for those players to instantly go "never mind I'm good" the moment buying a precursor got cheaper than doing their requested epic adventure...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

If anything any hypothetical sequel rewards would be calculated from Achievement Points.

It's likely there will be achievements going forward that reward decorations, and there's a non zero chance we'll get retroactive rewards for a few achievements, but I expect the bulk of the decorations to come from the gemstone, after all, players themselves wouldn't shut up about how much money Anet could potentially made off the gem store if they ever brought housing to Guild Wars 2...

Now watch all those people flip flop the same way they did with precursors from quests, another highly requested feature that took a tremendous amount of work to implement so they'd satisfy the "there's nothing legendary about buying a precursor off the trading post, I wanna go on an epic adventure" only for those players to instantly go "never mind I'm good" the moment buying a precursor got cheaper than doing their requested epic adventure...

I'm not saying AP wouldn't come into it, but I like the idea that there would be categories, i.e. so many AP = x reward 'points', 3 sets of leggy armour = x points, minis etc. etc.

Yes, the gem store homestead decorations cash cow is ready for milking...but I'd like to think there would be opportunities to also display the more personal aspects of your GW2 journey within your home, based on what you've collected along the way and/or what you feel a connection with. There should be space for both?

No doubt people change their minds about stuff, and sure - if it ends up that the only items you can populate your homestead with are pure gem store purchases I think there'd be some justifiable discontent, especially from those that had wanted player housing for a long time

14 minutes ago, StanUK.3214 said:

Yes, the gem store homestead decorations cash cow is ready for milking...

As per players suggestion. HIGHLY suggested in fact.

15 minutes ago, StanUK.3214 said:

There should be space for both?

Personal housing will be baby Guild Halls, all that stuff around takes memory, all those instances take server time, all that costs money. You can expect the amount of stuff you can throw around will be limited, and within those limits I hardly think the accountants would be pleased if players found everything they need with the stuff they already got.

19 minutes ago, StanUK.3214 said:

I think there'd be some justifiable discontent, especially from those that had wanted player housing for a long time

There will be discontent, because when the thick of the player base couldn't shut up about all the money Anet was gonna make, what they actually meant was everyone else may open their wallets... Maybe... probably... but not themselves (feel free to visualise the Spider-Man pointing fingers at each other meme) and now that they have their homes the threads will go from "look at all the money you could make" to "omg why you sooooo greedy, reeee."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1