Homestead's Wild?

On 7/14/2024 at 4:35 AM, Alpacasso.5284 said:

With the new expansion around the corner and more information we get about the Homestead feature, I'm growing concerned about the upcoming Janthir's Wilds: Will the Homestead become so central to the developers that other features, like Raids, new PvP modes, storytelling, and overall gameplay, become neglected?

This concern isn't baseless. It's easier for developers to focus on content they believe most players will enjoy. Given that 50% of the discussion on the JW forum revolves around the Homestead, it's likely Anet will put their resources on this feature. Will we end up with another "fill-the-green-bar" story gameplay and a final boss that barely moves but takes an hour to kill? Will the new Raid just be a harder copy of the Story, similar to Strikes?

Many of my friends loved the first part of the SOTO Story but were disappointed by its storytelling development. While the Homestead is nice, it's a minor feature for most players and shouldn't become the main focus of this expansion. I hope my concerns are unfounded and JW ends up great.

I guess you don't understand that a team makes an expansion, teams working on different things.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2024 at 5:16 AM, Alpacasso.5284 said:

yes im aware that there are teams working independently, but that is was more likely also the case for Soto. its fair to say that soto was the first attempt of their one year expansion format, but one can clearly see that they focused more on strikes and WV above anything else

Again, soto was there first mini expac and they had to figure out timelines, they had to figure what they could do and couldn't do.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 5:19 AM, Alpacasso.5284 said:

they are teating Homestead like the big feature to come, and barely released any information about other topics. Maybe they will in the next week, and prove me wrong.

Why would they tell us every single thing and spoil it for everyone before they release it, that would be a bad move, homestead is something people wanted for years, of course its the main feature of janthir wilds.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1