Home Sweet Home: softlock if you can't make the bed [Merged]

On 8/22/2024 at 4:43 AM, HelveticaScenario.6485 said:

I was able to work around this by completely discarding all progress in Home Sweet Home and starting from the beginning.

EDIT: To reset progress in a chapter, it's not enough to just quit the chapter. If you start the same chapter right away, it'll pick up where you left off. You need to first start another chapter, then quit that one, before staring the original one again.

I tried this but sadly it did not work for me... I replayed chapter 2 completely to then play chapter 3 again. And got stuck again.

I can craft the Bed and place it but the quest won't progress. The game not acknowledge me crafting the bed.

21 hours ago, kathy.5841 said:

I tried this but sadly it did not work for me... I replayed chapter 2 completely to then play chapter 3 again. And got stuck again.

I can craft the Bed and place it but the quest won't progress. The game not acknowledge me crafting the bed.

Yep me too, i opened a ticket and they pointed me to the same "solution" but it doesn't work, what worked for me is to accept the progress from another player that could be able to do the story instance for me.
Btw the only thing i can suggest is to report the bug in-game  in the hope that someone will read the report and could possibly analyse the environment to fix this nasty bug

Edited by NaramSin.2693

• 3 weeks later...

I am a slow player so I only just reached this part of the story. I entered the story instance without enough flowers and it wouldn't let me out. I used a portal stone but simply logging out will also put you back into the main map outside the instance.

I have since then collected all materials and tried again, but I cannot craft the bed. I tried all the tips mentioned here except using another player because I'm shy (yeah I know it's an MMO but that's how it is), but I cannot get the chapter to reset, no matter how I switch to other story chapters and out of them. Last night, after my fourth try, I reported the bug directly beside the crafting station. If anyone has any updates on this I would be very thankful. I hope the bug gets fixed soon, a month in and this is still happening, it's unbelievable.

Yea this is still happening, The wayfinders versatile table schematic may have something to do with it, on an alt acnt this appears always craftable no matter what (you cant create additional copies though) the crafting process executes without outputting anything or consuming materials luckily. lol

Very buggy, seems not tested very well, the last change they did to the homestead process may have disabled the workaround as you cant interact with crafting table in someone else's instance,  it now appears.  Or at least when I tried with this toon you couldn't.

How very New World 🙂

add** went through with another account instance and it appears to have worked.  a fudge but progress made 🙂

Edited by lucifer.1907

Resolved this issue by unlocking first mastery in Homesteading masteries.

I couldn't craft the bed because my Handiwork level was 0 for some reason. I guess it should be level 1 at that point initially? I managed to resolve this issue by unlocking first mastery in Homesteading masteries. That bumped my Handiwork level to 74 and now I was able to craft that bed and advance the story when I returned to my homestead. I guess my handiwork level should be 75 now with that mastery instead of 74, but at least I managed to get past this now.

Couldn't make bed, exited the instance, leveled up Mastery, went back, made the bed (and a table, since I had enough resources), still the would not recognise the progress, even after I placed the furniture. Just wasted my resources. Bugged as hell.

Edited by Morphea.3482
additional information