Constant Crashing with no Bug Splat

Since the Season 4 update my game has been constantly crashing without actually crashing the program. I will be playing when GW2 will freeze on screen but music will continue to play. Using Alt+tab will not change focus. Alt+F4 does not close the window. Ctrl+Shift+Esc does not allow me to see the task manager window. HOWEVER Using Alt+Tab allows me to view my open windows like normal, i just can not get the GW2 Frozen screen to minimize. I have found by seeing where GW2 Client is on the mini task manager pop up that i can Alt+Tab into it, hit the down arrow usually 4 times, then hit Delete in order to manually end the Process.

This happens to me randomly about every 30 minutes. It sometimes won't happens for hours, but other times it crashes 10 minutes apart. I thought it had to do with high graphical intensity areas but i have had it crash while crafting so I just am not sure. I have never had any issues with GW2 in the past. I have not changed my computer since the last time i played it. I honestly think something is wrong with the game.

This has made the game very unplayable as i can not do any story. I constantly get kicked and reset from story so i never risk wasting my time with it. I am VERY sad since i really want to play the new season.

Any insight or assistance on the matter would be wonderful.

• 1 month later...

I've been getting this hard freeze as well. Luckily on Windows 10 I can do CTRL+WIN+D and open up a new Desktop. Then launch Task Manager and terminate gw2.exe. I'm not sure what is going on. This game shouldn't be crashing this much. I have Windows 10 64bit and an SSD drive. I'll put more specs if necessary. The funny thing is I play other graphically intensive games and they work just fine. It seems only to be an issue isolated with GuildWars 2.

There is a crash issue associated with this apparently.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19215/memory-address-ffffffff-at-fffffffff-could-not-be-read

For those of you interested, apparently the client DOES write to a Error Log before it hard freezes. This will at least give you an idea of what is going on. Navigate to the following location in Windows.

%appdata%\Guild Wars 2

or

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2

inside is a ArenaNet.log file. Read that and at the very bottom should be the latest error logged. Note my memory is just fine as I play several games. This issue seems to be triggered specifically by GuildWars 2. As many people are getting the error at the exact memory location.

Archived