Enemy aggro ranges and spawn leashing

First let me say this isn't exclusive to Janthir or anything, it happens across expansions here or there, but due to enemy density in janthir I've been noticing this a lot: enemies who have very, very, large aggro radii and will come after you if you go to gather, dig up a cache, or do an event but by the time they reach you, they reset to their spawn point and just start walking back with "invulnerable" popping up the entire time, only to aggro onto you again once they reach it. In particular the iboga and ranged lightning elemental enemies on the east beaches are especially bad about this, but the wolves are prone to doing this a lot too. It's reached a point, for me at least, where I just don't bother dealing with iboga at all because half the time I try to kill one it just seems to be permanently invincible while it wiggles god knows where, only to appear again, slap me once, then wiggle back to its spawn point.

Maybe I'm the only one who runs into this frequently, in which case I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong because it's kind of annoying.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

This has been problems since PoF, but because of the map structure and annoying range smite attack (like the lightning elemental you mentioned) it's more noticeable. 
I don't think they'll change it, since it's been in the game since forever, but I hope they will reconsider this direction, because I want to sit on a mountain top without the fear that a stray elemental will kill me. 

• Sad 1