PVE - Boon DPS Supports and OTHER Boons

Noro.2879

Hello,

This upcoming patch, we're seeing quick catalyst and quick berserker both getting some love to their boon generation for boons that are not their "primary boon". We saw willbender get this sort of recently as well. In fact, it's getting to the point where most boon DPS builds have access to at least some might in addition to their primary boon.'

I know that power boon chrono isn't the only boon DPS support class with "boon issues", but I want to focus on it since I see this as an easy thing to fix. Right now, Well of Action gives 8 might at nearly 100% uptime (and slightly more after a continuum split), however that might is delayed something like 6 seconds into a perfect opener because it happens at the very end of the well and you want to get your phantasms out first and enter CS asap. This means it doesn't help with might ramp at all and puts the entire opening burst of your subgroup's might in the hands of other players...meaning its value is pretty diminished before you're even looking at quantity. This is power boon chrono's only realistic option for might.

Looking directly at well of action, I've found it weird that it gives the damage bonus(might) after it does its damage. So my initial thought was to suggest flipping it. What if well of action gave might on the first three pulses and did damage at the end? That would help ramp and even out the application so it's less likely someone in the subgroup just gets straight up zero might from you for 15 seconds. You could probably go as far as 4 might per pulse for 12 total since it would reduce the damage of the skill by quite a bit even if you gave it the higher well of calamity coefficient on the final pulse...but I'd opt to go with 3 might per pulse in combination with my second suggestion if I were to choose:

Well of Action: Now gives 3 stacks of might on the first three pulses and 2.1 power coefficient strike on the final pulse.

All's Well That Ends Well is redundant now that Chrono has access to rifle. Heal Chrono historically had issue with healing and now has some of the best healing output in the game and best boon generation tied to rifle+inspiration+chaos. So what this means to me: All's Well That Ends Well could be "removed" and Heal Chrono wouldn't notice since that heal is not really something heal chrono relies on. In truth, the best heal chronos don't even take a well anymore. Orrrrr it could be tweaked so that it has value to other builds. So where I'm going with this:

All's Well That Ends Well: Now gives 1 stack of might for the first 3 pulses and 1 second of protection on the final pulse instead of the previous effects.

This would come at a little dps cost from the shatter modifier(which COULD be buffed to further differentiate boon support from full dps chronos) for some nice boonage. It would still be beneficial for heal chrono, perhaps even moreso depending on how you're looking at it.

Tl;dr: Anet is helping some boon supports thrive a bit more in the herald-dominated meta. Help power boon chrono thrive a bit more too. Give it some reliable might too 🙂

Edited by Noro.2879
  • Confused 2