Intermittent lag the past week

For whatever reason this past week I've been experiencing consistent yet random lag. It happens in all maps. I know it's not my internet connection cause my ping, up, down and signal strength are all exactly where they should be. Can you please look into doing some maintenance on the servers? Taking them down once in a blue moon for a couple hours for maintenance is a good idea.

Thought I'm one of the lucky ones who's ping went down drastically with the server change a few months back, I've had the same problem it sounds as the OP. For about a week or just over, the game will completely lag out for about 3 seconds and then I'll hear the "splashing" sound and I see what happened those 3 seconds in less than a second and I'm all good for a bit. It seems to happen around 10 min or so on average. I thought it was a purely WvW issue(that happens to a lot of ppl in WvW), but then it happened in sPvP on another account. Then I tried on my girlfriend's PC and it happened again. That doesn't mean it's GW2, but I've ruled out PC hardware/software, so it's either internet, modem or Anet.

I get lag constantly, it's just how Guild Wars 2 is. Beautiful game but I have to have it all on the lowest settings otherwise I spend hours trying to load up into a map. Also has anyone else noticed an issue with mounts, as soon as you hop onto one your character is sitting on the floor, rowing like you're at the gym?

@Zappix.7928 said:I get lag constantly, it's just how Guild Wars 2 is. Beautiful game but I have to have it all on the lowest settings otherwise I spend hours trying to load up into a map. Also has anyone else noticed an issue with mounts, as soon as you hop onto one your character is sitting on the floor, rowing like you're at the gym?

I don't mean fps lag. I mean network lag. It's rare that I experience network lag. Fps lag is just due to the game engine not properly utilizing all the core threads. Nothing around that. And yes I've experienced the mount glitch. But it only lasts for a second on my screen. And it doesn't happen very often. Loading into a map greatly depends on your hard drive and model quantity. SSD can greatly improve loading times.

Archived