Kit The Traveler Former Glory Community Quest

Former Glory

Tess Qhiggeg; previously (nearly) undefeated rising fighter of the underground golem fighting arena “Robot Wars”. She had it all: fame, fortune, fans, money, adoring crowds, and riches. She was on her way to the very top until she ran into Rabbix “The Ravager”. Rabbix was the champion of the arena at the time, but he got there through deceitful means. He sabotaged Tess’s golem before their fight, causing it to go haywire after only a few minor hits. Her golem’s shoulder-mounted cannon malfunctioned and began firing into the crowd, turning them into chickens.

After suffering such a humiliating defeat Tess locked her golem into storage and hid away, vowing never to return to the robot fighting arena. However, greatness cannot stay hidden forever. After three years Tess began to feel the old urge; a tingling sensation in the back of her neck that could only be cured with the thrill of fighting.

Tess swung wide open the large container doors and light poured in, overtaking most of the darkness which remained hidden for so long. She walked slowly toward the looming mechanical figure half obscured by shadow as if it was watching her. Waiting for her to come closer. Tess walked around the golem and ran her fingers along the fine-tuned machine; her greatest handiwork. Years of dust and grime caked it now, reducing it to a pathetic husk compared to its former opalescent glory. But that did not deter Tess. She climbed the access panel on the back of the golem and into the driver seat, wiped away the heavy grime from the control panel, pulled the starting lever into the “ON” position and…nothing. The golem did not stir, not even a little bit.

“She’s a little rusty, huh?” Tess let out a startled shriek at Kit’s sudden appearance. After catching her breath, Tess responded, “Jees, Kit. Did you deus ex machina on purpose to give me a heart attack? In any case, I’m certain I just need to craft some new parts for the internals and connections, and fuel of course. Unfortunately, I don’t remember if I used Silver or Gold to craft the parts. The magic imbued in the golem will reject the wrong type and could cause me some major problems.”

“Need some help finding the parts?” Kit offered.

“Well, since you’re offering I welcome the help.”

Kit winked and jutted a thumb to herself. “Leave it to me.”

Adventurers! Kit’s friend, Tess, needs some help getting her old fighting golem back into shape. She’ll need either 5 Silver Ore or 5 Gold Ore. However, there’s a 50/50 chance the ore will be rejected and cause Tess further issues. Send the ore to “Kit the Traveler” or “Pixie.5940”.

Archived