LINUX: CoherentUI_Host.exe bad EXE format

Hi all,

I am trying to install GW2 on a Linux machine which is a pure 64bit (ie, no 32bit libraries).

I am using Wine staging 3.11 with CSMT enabled and I can launch the installer GW2Setup-64.exe fine, but will crash soon after complaining about CoherentUI_host.exe file being a bad format. Normally this means is a 32bit program, and since I do not have 32bit libraries installed, cannot be executed.

I thought the idea of having a 64bit version of the game (and launcher) would imply all depending programs would also be 64bit, but it looks it might not the case.Does anybody know if this is an already known issue or a workaround? (besides installing zillions of 32bit libraries JUST for this game).

Thank you

Hmmh, well, can't help you with 32-bit libraries, since I have been running GW2 on pretty standard staging wine 64 + Linux for some time. Earlier you needed some specific setups, but that seems not hold true anymore. I have not tried on stable wine, but at least on staging wines the game seems to work straight out of the shelf.

Archived