Kito not sending mail (Tracking the Scientist bug)

I've searched. I've followed instructions. I've cleared all my mail and repaired the game using the method Arenanet have provided. However, no matter what I do, Agent Kito will not send me the mail message to start the mission Tracking the Scientist. Is this ever going to be fixed?

I've also tried running in administrator and compatibility modes. I am running the 64 bit client and it is up-to-date.

I would like to continue my story but evidently, I cannot progress until I find a way around this or it is resolved.

• 4 months later...

Just for people who may come to this later (as I just did):I had the same problem (and I've also had this problem in the past), so what I did was, I deleted my mail slowly to see which one might be causing the issue.The mail that finally let the story start was actually a character birthday message (for the anniversary of your character's creation). After I deleted that, the story started up without me having to restart it or anything.I hope this helps someone so they don't have to delete any messages they'd rather keep!

Archived