Regular loop fps drop [merged]

Chega.1973

Hi everyone,

I've been struggling with some random fps drops for quite some time. Basically what happens is that GW2 is constantly running on +-60fps, and than suddenly drops between the 5-8 FPS. Also, my resources (cpu, memory etc.) aren't running at 100% at these times + changing graphic settings or going to windowed mode aren't influencing the FPS. At these moments the only way i know how to fix this is by restarting guild wars (but this is quite a pain when running high fracs, pvp, wvw or full map meta events).

I've searched for other people who experience this issue and my problems seem to be related to this case: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7bsdw2/fps_drops_randomly/. A supposed fix for this is to downgrade the GPU drivers to version 385.28. This is not an option for me since i also play other games like PUBG which aren't optimized at all at that driver version.

I have a lot of knowledge about computers (i've got a bachelor in system and network engineering), and i've tried a lot of things to fix this. However, nothing seems to help.

My specs:CPU: Intel I5 6600k skylakeGPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6gbMemory: 16GB DDR4Motherboard: MSI gaming z270Guild wars 2 is running on a SSDNvidea drivers are the latest version

If anyone knows a fix, that would be awesome. Ty for reading.Have also posted this question on the GW2 reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8l3q7j/strange_random_fps_drops/

• 6 months later...

Hi, all! I am a newbie in GW world but I really like this product. But I have a regular issue that annoying me every time. After some time of playing the game my fps drop to 15-25 frames for some time 5-10 sec after that, it grows again to 120 for 1-2 minutes. Fps drops because of GPU load drops to, but it's not an issue of GPU I even tried other GPU. I have good hardware i5 of 8th generation 8 RAM DDR4 and gtx1070 8gb. It spoils the impression of the game. How can it be fixed? The same situation on the low graphical setting looks like it's problem of GW2 because of in other games or benchmarks I do not have such issue. Ready to collect any diagnostic that needs for the issue.Capture.png

@"The One.9261" said:Hi everyone,

I've been struggling with some random fps drops for quite some time. Basically what happens is that GW2 is constantly running on +-60fps, and than suddenly drops between the 5-8 FPS. Also, my resources (cpu, memory etc.) aren't running at 100% at these times + changing graphic settings or going to windowed mode aren't influencing the FPS. At these moments the only way i know how to fix this is by restarting guild wars (but this is quite a pain when running high fracs, pvp, wvw or full map meta events).

I've searched for other people who experience this issue and my problems seem to be related to this case: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7bsdw2/fps_drops_randomly/. A supposed fix for this is to downgrade the GPU drivers to version 385.28. This is not an option for me since i also play other games like PUBG which aren't optimized at all at that driver version.

I have a lot of knowledge about computers (i've got a bachelor in system and network engineering), and i've tried a lot of things to fix this. However, nothing seems to help.

My specs:CPU: Intel I5 6600k skylakeGPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6gbMemory: 16GB DDR4Motherboard: MSI gaming z270Guild wars 2 is running on a SSDNvidea drivers are the latest version

If anyone knows a fix, that would be awesome. Ty for reading.Have also posted this question on the GW2 reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8l3q7j/strange_random_fps_drops/

HEy

Is your issue resolved now? I have the same problem since PoF was released and driver downgrade is not an option for me.

Thanks

Archived