Constant disconnects during final cutscene in story missions

I've been having this problem for ages. I know the go to response is, "because of the way we handle our netcode, disconnects happen during cutscenes, the problem is your network."

Here's the thing, I don't have "problems" with any other game. I have a direct connection between my PC, and my router, and for years, I've had no trouble in ANY game. I play a lot of online games. It's sorta my thing. Online gaming has been a dream with my current connection. Until it comes time to play GW2, where in, about 80% of the time, I disconnect from a story mission at the final cutscene. This is by far the most infuriating thing about this game. It's been a problem since I got this game years ago, and instead of improving, the problem is getting worse, as more and more missions add cutscenes. Which is great, I love the new cinematic style of the new content. But this disconnect issue is not acceptable.

I'm pretty much done playing singleplayer. I can't take doing these missions up to 3 or 4 times to finally complete them. Anet, you know this problem exists. This is not a problem with "our" networks. I have never before seen this problem in another game in my life, but everybody I know who plays this game is plagued by these disconnects. Playing story missions with a group is impossible, because in order to get everyone in the group to finish, each mission must be done several times, PER player. You cannot continue to blame this on the playerbase's connections.

If you can't solve the disconnect issue, then you need to take steps to ensure that people can reconnect and finish their story missions. There is no excuse in 2017 for losing progress due to a disconnect, and having no exception handling for such a thing.

I know this was long, and ranty, but I truly do love this game, but when I get disconnected after some ridiculously long mission that I've done several times over, my love turns to hate.

Archived