Idea for Griffins...

Quiv.9830

First off. Great expansion, ANet. Really. Loving everything I've done so far... especially the story.

I noticed griffin gliding is much like the glider gliding in controls and general "feel" once I got mine... Would it be possible to allow Griffins to use Updrafts in HoT maps? And if so-- maybe it would be a reason to put updrafts in the PoF maps. Some of the very few complaints I've heard is there is nothing for those that own both expansions to use old masteries for on the new maps. And I get it. But I also see ANet's reasons on not doing so.

That said, this could give those that feel like HoT owners should have SOMETHING that helps in PoF-- allows for some creativity for the devs in PoF maps... and it could sell some copies of HoT to the holdouts since their griffins could be all the more useful in HoT maps.

Just a thought. Might not even be possible. But I hope this reaches a dev on some level, if for no other reason than a discussion.

It would be nice, but I feel like it goes against Anet's whole philosophy that the entirety of the expansion content should be accessible without other expansions. We're in new territory in terms of having multiple expansions, and I think they did a good job making sure that the new content was completely accessible to players without HoT masteries like gliding. Players that don't own both PoF and HoT I think are rare, but it would feel pretty bad as a player that only owned PoF if there was an updraft that gave an advantage to a player in a PoF region because they also owned HoT. You paid for the access to the PoF regions, and shouldn't be restricted in those regions because of that.

I don't see how having updrafts automatically means "if you don't own HoT you can't use them". Technically, only the glider updraft mastery is HoT-locked, if the Griffon, a PoF piece of content, were to be allowed to use updrafts, it would be tied to a PoF mastery (if not being a baseline Griffon ability, considering the time investment needed to get it in the first place) and thus not at all limited by HoT. It would certainly be nice to have, if for no other reason than immersion.

@Quiv.9830 said:First off. Great expansion, ANet. Really. Loving everything I've done so far... especially the story.

I noticed griffin gliding is much like the glider gliding in controls and general "feel" once I got mine... Would it be possible to allow Griffins to use Updrafts in HoT maps? And if so-- maybe it would be a reason to put updrafts in the PoF maps. Some of the very few complaints I've heard is there is nothing for those that own both expansions to use old masteries for on the new maps. And I get it. But I also see ANet's reasons on not doing so.

That said, this could give those that feel like HoT owners should have SOMETHING that helps in PoF-- allows for some creativity for the devs in PoF maps... and it could sell some copies of HoT to the holdouts since their griffins could be all the more useful in HoT maps.

Just a thought. Might not even be possible. But I hope this reaches a dev on some level, if for no other reason than a discussion.

flying mounts ruin any mmo, just look at wow griffon isbetter this way in my opinion

Archived