[Suggestion] Deposit for lore items

EhidnaMAD.4682

The title summarizes it quite well, and yet I ask you to give me a moment to explain why I think this would be a great thing.I've been playing GW2 for years, and by this time I've amassed a vast variety of what I prefer to call 'lore items' - items of lore and story value, which, unfortunately, have little more than that. Balloons, Flame of Kryta, Zephyr Sanctum Model - those are few which I can name from the top of my head, but there were many more than that. Then there were books from Bloodstone Fen, journals and diaries with lore and stories. Now with PoF we have Memories of Vlast and books of desert lore (which do not work now, at least for me, but I digress).My point is, there are a lot of items which hold value as a memory or a lore piece, but that is mostly it. Sure, one can argue that you could go to wiki or youtube to recall things, but it is not quite the same as having your own earned trophies and trinkets. But with their number increasing, you either have to leave few bags for 'memory tokens' - or destroy those items without ever getting them back. Desert books are sellable even, but I refuse to sell them, at least before I will be sure there's literally no way to read them.And yet, imagine if you could store them in a 'librarby' of sorts, deposit like materials with ability to re-read or re-view them once in a while without feeling like a hoarder when glancing in your inventory? Wouldn't it be great?I'd love to read your thoughts on it and see if Anet themselves are interested in the idea.

I agree. I don't like getting rid of items that have some sort of functionality to them (especially when I don't know if I could ever receive another version due to it being an achievement award). These things are really cluttering up my inventory and bank space at this point. I would like to see the devs add a new part to the bank screen (similarly to the wardrobe section) which can store and/or freely retrieve any lore or achievement items (these items would be account bound and could not be sold). I don't see how that would be at all hard to accomplish, and it would prevent a lot of possible issues (such as people accidentally deleting items that cannot be replaced).

@Ganpot.3879 said:I don't like getting rid of items that have some sort of functionality to them (especially when I don't know if I could ever receive another version due to it being an achievement award).

^This. Especially the last part.Either storing them in bank or in achievements tab to re-use later on would be great imo. I mean, what is the point of giving players a gizmo, which is important for the story, and then make them choose between keeping said gizmo or clutter up useful inventory space?Besides, as more time passes, said 'lore items' become more valuable - as a memory or as a reminder. I still blame myself for destroying item which played video about Logan hiring Marjory. I can't get it back now, whatever I do. And if we had such storage, I still would.

There have been many requests for a home instance library for all the books we get, and an ability to display items like the Zephyrite model, and I'll always support them because having to have a banker alt just for that stuff is silly. Plus, it'd give the home instance more of a purpose, which I'd also like to see.

I have a necro I honestly can't even play just to store all lore items. She just stays in towns most of the time cause her inventory's too full to play normally.The idea of home instance library is great imo. A display case of sorts where you can exhibit your achievements and lore things. Or a simple storage akin to materials storage if display case is too much to ask for...

Archived