Error Code - 42:0:9001:4457:101 and Cannot download Launcher from Website

I'm pretty sure people have error on this as well.

Here is my situation:

1. Downloaded GW2 fine, and it loaded til the "Playable". Everything was fine until I change the LAN cable from my Router. (When everything failed, I changed it back to my mesh)
  2. From here, when I log in to the game, Error Code - 42:0:9001:4457:101 will appear after 1-2mins and there will be ridiculous lag and delay.
  3. I did all solutions to error 42, including adding assetsvr command to target lines, restarting modemn/router etc etc.
  4. After all solutions fail, I decided to uninstall. Which now, I now cannot download even the installer from the website. The download speed is 0kbps.
  5. Using my old downloaded installer, I tried to install, but it can't even go pass to reach the launcher.
  6. I am playing other games fine, with to latency issue or delays.

Please assist on this. Thanks

Same problem here, Aus player getting a code=42:0:9001:4457:101 error when trying to access Black Lion Trading (everything thing else about the game works fine). Guild chat did occasionally not work when this error first started but has stopped for now.

Looks like this has happened before in this thread of New Zealand players and it was sorted out with a patch,

Edit: Just as I write this post Black Lion Trading seems to work, albeit very slow (after closing about 10 pop-ups of the error in-game). Hopefully it stays this way.

@"JimE.5013" said:Same problem here, Aus player getting a code=42:0:9001:4457:101 error when trying to access Black Lion Trading (everything thing else about the game works fine). Guild chat did occasionally not work when this error first started but has stopped for now.

Looks like this has happened before in this thread of New Zealand players and it was sorted out with a patch,

Edit: Just as I write this post Black Lion Trading seems to work, albeit very slow (after closing about 10 pop-ups of the error in-game). Hopefully it stays this way.

For Trading Post errors, you can try clearing your GW2 cache. Instruction found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Search - Troubleshoot Trading Post'.

Good luck.

After waiting for so long, the support team has come back to me.

"Hello again,

To download the Guild Wars 2 installer, please follow the instructions listed on this page: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862968-Download-the-Guild-Wars-2-Client or by following the instructions below:

1. Log into your Guild Wars 2 Account page to download the client. (https://account.guildwars2.com)--If you are using Internet Explorer, please select “Save.” Do not select “Run.”--If you are using Google Chrome, Gw2Setup.exe will appear in your Downloads folder after clicking “Download.” Please do not select “Run.”--If you are using Mozilla Firefox, please select “Save File.”
  2. Once the download is complete, double click the file “GW2Setup.exe” to start the installation process.
  3. Click the red “Install Guild Wars 2” button.
  4. Select an installation path for the game. . (We recommend creating a folder on your C:\ drive for the file. Example: C:\Games\Guild Wars 2.)
  5. Allow the game to download the necessary information from our file servers.

Once completed, click "Play Now" and you should be taken to the login screen for Guild Wars 2. As long as you reach this screen, you're updated and ready to play!

Lastly, if you're still unable to download the installer from our site using the steps I have provided, kindly provide us a screenshot showing the error message you received when you're downloading the installer.

Looking forward to your updates.Regards,

AldwinGuild Wars 2 Support Teamhttp://help.guildwars2.com"

What tf Aldwin? What kind of solution is this.

@"reverizon.3520" said:After waiting for so long, the support team has come back to me.

"Hello again,

To download the Guild Wars 2 installer, please follow the instructions listed on this page: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862968-Download-the-Guild-Wars-2-Client or by following the instructions below:

1. Log into your Guild Wars 2 Account page to download the client. (https://account.guildwars2.com)--If you are using Internet Explorer, please select “Save.” Do not select “Run.”--If you are using Google Chrome, Gw2Setup.exe will appear in your Downloads folder after clicking “Download.” Please do not select “Run.”--If you are using Mozilla Firefox, please select “Save File.”
  2. Once the download is complete, double click the file “GW2Setup.exe” to start the installation process.
  3. Click the red “Install Guild Wars 2” button.
  4. Select an installation path for the game. . (We recommend creating a folder on your C:\ drive for the file. Example: C:\Games\Guild Wars 2.)
  5. Allow the game to download the necessary information from our file servers.

Once completed, click "Play Now" and you should be taken to the login screen for Guild Wars 2. As long as you reach this screen, you're updated and ready to play!

Lastly, if you're still unable to download the installer from our site using the steps I have provided, kindly provide us a screenshot showing the error message you received when you're downloading the installer.

Looking forward to your updates.Regards,

AldwinGuild Wars 2 Support Teamhttp://help.guildwars2.com"

What tf Aldwin? What kind of solution is this.

If you want to interact with the CS Team, you will have to respond to the reply you got on your ticket. The CS Team doesn't respond on the forum.You can also read the many responses/solutions to this issue here on the forums from helpful players.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...