Couldn't use black lion trading company

Hi,I haven't been able to use black lion trading company for a few days, either from pressing [o] key or clicking on the icon at the screen. When I click on the icon or press [o], the icon would quickly flash, and that's it... :'(

I tried to delete the gw2 cache twice, it didn't work either...

Is there anybody else have the same problem and successfully solve the problem? Thanks in advance

You were unsuccessful at clearing the GW2 cache, or you were successful at clearing the cache, but it made no difference in your ability to access the Trading Post?

If you continue to have issue, you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.You can find the instructions for clearing the GW2 cache at the same link and 'Search - Troubleshoot Trading Post', if necessary.

Good luck.

Eventually your Coherent files are damaged. These files are used for showing the browser in game.

Close GW, rename the bin (or bin64) folder in your installation folder and start it again. It should download the coherent again. Maybe this can solve your problem.Also eventually you accidentally blocked the coherent executables from accessing the internet through a software firewall/security suite.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You were unsuccessful at clearing the GW2 cache, or you were successful at clearing the cache, but it made no difference in your ability to access the Trading Post?

If you continue to have issue, you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.You can find the instructions for clearing the GW2 cache at the same link and 'Search - Troubleshoot Trading Post', if necessary.

Good luck.

I deleted the cache successfully but it didn't make any difference... I submitted a ticket for this problem as soon as I found out the problem, but they haven't replied yet. Thanks for replying anyway:)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just an FYI for All; If you're having this issue, and are like me, in that you also run your OS, Anti-Virus, Firewall, etc. at a high level of security.... be sure to add the following file to your exception list... " CoherentUI_Host.exe " .

The " CoherentUI_Host.exe " file that does support the in-game browser and Black Lion Trading Company may be found in your game directory... PATH EXAMPLE AS FOLLOWS for the 64-bit version of Guild Wars 2 : " X:\Program Files\Arena-Net\Guild Wars\2\bin64\CoherentUI_Host.exe " needs to be on the proper exception lists.

Please Note that the Black Lion Trading Company is a function of the in-game browser as shown in the statements above while the game client file itself " Gw2-64.exe " ... ( the 64-bit client, the 32-bit client will be somewhat differently listed, and since I do not run, and have not run 32-bit programs in years, I've no idea what the differences in naming convention will be, so please bear that in mind when adding exceptions ) ...is solely for the game itself to function, and is unrelated to the functioning of the in-game browser and the Black Lion Trading Company.

I develop security software for a living, and while by no means would I compare my skill set with game developers; especially the developers of Guild Wars 1 & 2 that are both well ahead of their times in look, function, story, and smoothness of gameplay because they're totally different skill sets, I do highly recommend that anyone having an issue with accessing the Black Lion Trading Company, or the in-game browser, check their exceptions list in their OS, Anti-Virus, Firewall, etc. applications before putting in a trouble ticket. Some security programs also tend to generate "false positives" when attempting to check for improper activity, so taking the steps to verify that both files being " Gw2-64.exe " and " CoherentUI_Host.exe " are on the necessary exception lists will save the developers and support staff as well as fellow Guild Warriors the time involved in dealing with unnecessary tickets.

Happy Holidays to All, and I hope this information has been helpful.

• Leah

Archived