Will accounts that already exist be locked out of regional pricing when the game comes to Steam?

I just came to know that Gw2 is coming to Steam, and was put off by the fact that accounts aren't transferrable. I'm in India, and I've had to spend a pretty hefty sum to play the game in my country because of no regional pricing. I'm wondering if I will have to continue paying absurd amounts for the new expansions, despite it coming to Steam.

until they address everyone's concerns regarding pricing, use of local currency via steam wallet and lost progress (years) if you migrate to steam by abandoning their main accounts: so far the ideal alternative, with things as they are right now, is that once GW2 launches on steam, you login to GW2 from steam to create an alt account, buy the gems/gemstore stuff you want in your local currency then gift it to your main. this is the only way so far given the little info they released about steam accounts and how you can't convert/link your ArenaNet account to/from it.

maybe they'll find a way to make it work and allow people to integrate their ArenaNet accounts to their Steam accounts -or- maybe they wont so it's best to just expect nothing more but do hope for the best.