Rev support in Raid and Fractals build

lagrimabendita.8763

Hello,

Rev support is a full healing one, with ventari and full healing stuff; given here on QT :https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/revenant/healing-herald/

It is only meta in one raid boss since good raid teams dont need that much healing, and begining teams should use a druid as its more flexible and "meta" (which is the point in a training group). The only boss its meta on is basically the one where you keep aggro.Also, with last update, druid can 25 might the team as well as healing it, making it way more useful than rev for this healing role.

Rev as a dps / damage support for the team, here is the QT build (once again)https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/revenant/condi-renegade/Renegade helps the team damage, or at least has more tools than usual DPS builds (except bannerslave war of course).

have fun !

@ZeZerT.4068 said:Hello,

Rev support is a full healing one, with ventari and full healing stuff; given here on QT :https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/revenant/healing-herald/

It is only meta in one raid boss since good raid teams dont need that much healing, and begining teams should use a druid as its more flexible and "meta" (which is the point in a training group). The only boss its meta on is basically the one where you keep aggro.Also, with last update, druid can 25 might the team as well as healing it, making it way more useful than rev for this healing role.

Rev as a dps / damage support for the team, here is the QT build (once again)https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/revenant/condi-renegade/Renegade helps the team damage, or at least has more tools than usual DPS builds (except bannerslave war of course).

have fun !

The qtfy healing/support herald build is severely outdated, since it hasn't been updated for new PoF stats. With Mace/Axe & spearmarshal gear, Healing renegade is a monster for pug support. It'd be good in raids too if the meta wasn't about perfect speedruns (because, well, that's what META implies). Salvation/Devastation/Renegade allows for easy 100% alacrity uptime (ventari tablet bursts & 9 sec F4), good might stacking (F2 & Mace 2>3), Assassin's presence (+225 party ferocity - devastation as well as other personal damage buffs), and of course some of the best heals in the game while still pulling alright DPS numbers for a support class.

The DPS condi renegade spec, however, is p good

I'd say renegade healer is in a very solid spot right now. It can provide either permamight, permalacrity or a bit of both with better personal dps than a condi druid according to SC wearing full viper. It's quite flexible in terms of equipment, going from full viper mace/axe to full Magi or harrier sword/sword to anything in between, according to your group's need.

This is Snow Crows' build for condi renegade, with a variant in the trait section than allows to play support. https://snowcrows.com/raids/revenant/

As I say, it admits a lot of variability. Right now I'm playing with scourge runes, marshal jewellery and viper weapons and Magi armor, and it deals a great dps for the amount of healing power it has equipped.

Healing Rev is now meta for a lot of pug groups that use 2 healers... Most organized static speed run groups still use a 1 healer setup, so not a lot of room for rev there now that Harrier Druid fills the role of both the Might bot and the solo Healer in those groups. But if you're more into pugging raids, or running with a static that uses a safety 2 healer setup for whatever reason, Rev's a very viable choice.

The qT build posted is set up for kiting hands for a speed clear Deimos run, so the gearing/traits have that in mind... Here's a link to a healing guide I posted for newer rev's on slothasor--it has a lot of info about trait choices:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/16252/slothasar-quick-healing-rev-guide#latest

@Cleric.6185 said:Does anyone have a Mace/Axe +Spearmarshals Renegade build? Do you think choosing Mallyx would work? Because I find the Renegade slot skills suck in Fractals, they get knocked around and are useless. Plus the whole idea seems kind of silly/cheesy to me anyway.

Part of the problem with Mallyx is that the spearmarshal's support build is for heals, alacrity, assassin's presence, and might stacking. To get the most out of Mallyx with this build would cause two issues: 1) taking corruption over devastation mean's you're no longer getting the Assassin's presence bonus, double wield ferocity bonus, the extra 7% on vuln'd enemies, or the below 50% health damage bonus, and 2) to cover alacrity and might-stacking for the change in legend off ventari, you burn F4 and F2 immediately. Since Mallyx's damage primarily comes from the costly aoe leap and the upkeep elite, you simply won't have enough energy to be as effective as the kitties since you don't need upkeep for them. Plus, you lose out on CC from Icerazor (of course, staff 5 is usually plenty). The heal under Kalla is also very strong in fractals with lots of conditions, since its heals pulse a decent amount, it lasts a while, can be traited to give protection, and reduces condi damage by 50% as well.

You can make the argument for swapping devastation with corruption, but even still Mallyx's skills are too costly to work with the rest of the support build.

@Cleric.6185 said:Does anyone have a Mace/Axe +Spearmarshals Renegade build? Do you think choosing Mallyx would work? Because I find the Renegade slot skills suck in Fractals, they get knocked around and are useless. Plus the whole idea seems kind of silly/cheesy to me anyway.

Actually the build I posted is a Corruption/Salvation/Renegade Build. You exchange a little (considering most dps are condi nowadays) group dps increase by AP to a LOT more personal dps. But its heals may not be enough for your group as it is, since SC is a tryhard / recordbreaking guild, but you can exchange gear for Seraph or Marshal if you want healing power. My personal recommendation in that case is that, with little bleed duration, Razorclaw's Rage doesn't seem good energy investment for the dps increased, and since you'll want more healing, try using Soulcleave's Summit or Breakrazor's Bastion.

I'm currently using the build Corruption/salvation/renegad with some modifications (not exactly the same build as SC).My role is to provide alacrity for my subgroup (no need the might, one good druid is enough). I'm using this build on all bosses and it's really great :-)

MO :https://www.gw2raidar.com/encounter/EditionsAccountabilitiesFactionsCrawledPleases

Sab :https://www.gw2raidar.com/encounter/CulturalAlternativeChargeGovernmentsFools

@maxinox.6283 said:I'm currently using the build Corruption/salvation/renegad with some modifications (not exactly the same build as SC).My role is to provide alacrity for my subgroup (no need the might, one good druid is enough). I'm using this build on all bosses and it's really great :-)

MO :https://www.gw2raidar.com/encounter/EditionsAccountabilitiesFactionsCrawledPleases

Sab :https://www.gw2raidar.com/encounter/CulturalAlternativeChargeGovernmentsFools

couple questions

What modifications did u make? Whay kind of healing are you getting? Any boon duration?

• 2 weeks later...

@Ertrak.9506 said:

@maxinox.6283 said:I'm currently using the build Corruption/salvation/renegad with some modifications (not exactly the same build as SC).My role is to provide alacrity for my subgroup (no need the might, one good druid is enough). I'm using this build on all bosses and it's really great :-)

MO :

Sab :

couple questions

What modifications did u make? Whay kind of healing are you getting? Any boon duration?

I am curious as to these answers as a newer Revenant player. I am not understanding how this support build puts out much healing at all. I like it but I'm not sure that I'm actually doing much to help my group. I was barely getting 1000 HPS my first time in a raid with it.

@Adamantium.3682 said:

@Ertrak.9506 said:

MO :

Sab :

couple questions

I am curious as to these answers as a newer Revenant player. I am not understanding how this support build puts out much healing at all. I like it but I'm not sure that I'm actually doing much to help my group. I was barely getting 1000 HPS my first time in a raid with it.

When you're running dps (or hybrid) gear as a support, you're not really there to spike heal... You're mostly just keeping people's health topped off for scholar's bonuses, buffing, cleansing, doing mechanics, and contributing more dps than a full healer would. Think Condi Druid in the old meta. If you're in a group that takes a ton of damage for whatever reason, you'd probably want to go with a pure healing set up.

@narcx.3570 said:

@Adamantium.3682 said:

@Ertrak.9506 said:

MO :

Sab :

couple questions

When you're running dps (or hybrid) gear as a support, you're not really there to spike heal... You're mostly just keeping people's health topped off for scholar's bonuses, buffing, cleansing, doing mechanics, and contributing more dps than a full healer would. Think Condi Druid in the old meta. If you're in a group that takes a ton of damage for whatever reason, you'd probably want to go with a pure healing set up.

That's helpful, thanks. I think I am misunderstanding the SC build page where it says more sustained healing than a druid. I took that to mean that while you may not save someone's life in seconds, you would be putting out a few thousand heals per second to keep everyone topped off almost by yourself.

On that point I'm a Rev noob that could barely get 1200 hps on my best run, what is the range of expected hps this build can get in Vipers? I know it can vary a lot, just looking for something to shoot for.

TBH Renegade can still get very strong heals even with hybrid builds. Spearmarshal equip (with one weapon using malice sigil) + half vipers trinkets & Red Lentil Saobosa still gets you to 73% condi duration for Torment & Burn, then 100% for poison while pulling 4-5k burst heals. There's a lot of room for fine tuning just the right amount of heals you need by fiddling with food & trinkets, though I tend to stay at around 1.1k Healing power since I just use the build for T4 frac pugs and tend to like the extra heals.

Archived