power reaper

cobracommander.5861

• 2 weeks later...

@cobracommander.5861 said:Everyone tends to QQ on here but just thought I'd throw out that I love the new reaper changes anet. I think you hit the condi side too hard with the nerfbat, but overall, I'm loving the position it's in right now. Just give us back our CD reduction on shroud (at least for reaper!)

Guess ur only playing open world pve?

@cobracommander.5861 said:Everyone tends to QQ on here but just thought I'd throw out that I love the new reaper changes anet. I think you hit the condi side too hard with the nerfbat, but overall, I'm loving the position it's in right now. Just give us back our CD reduction on shroud (at least for reaper!)

sorry my friend i do respect your opinion but as it is now Reaper is good just for open world pve events, like farm champions in cursed shore or do world bosses or dungeons, but for raid/pvp/wvw is not working :)

Hello everyone, experienced raider here.I'd like to say that I fucking adore reaper right now. Specifically the blood magic version with well of blood as a heal skill.

Why is this? Because it outputs reasonable dps while also giving small bits of protection for the chronomancer to SoI. It has a strange trait that gives 450 healing power when you're hurting (which is quite a lot btw) and applies aura lifesteal to help keep allies topped up when there is small amounts of chip pressure. Lets not forget this tiny bit of bonus damage scales with the reaper's power.. and reaper gains quite a lot of raw power.

It's not a true pure dps spec. It's a dps spec that has the strongest revive capabilities in the game. (though auramancer traited is also quite good)I'd say reaper is fantastic for prog runs, but speedclears or strong dps checks you'd want a good ele or mirage depending.

@Murdock.6547 said:Hello everyone, experienced raider here.I'd like to say that I kitten adore reaper right now. Specifically the blood magic version with well of blood as a heal skill.

Why is this? Because it outputs reasonable dps while also giving small bits of protection for the chronomancer to SoI. It has a strange trait that gives 450 healing power when you're hurting (which is quite a lot btw) and applies aura lifesteal to help keep allies topped up when there is small amounts of chip pressure. Lets not forget this tiny bit of bonus damage scales with the reaper's power.. and reaper gains quite a lot of raw power.

It's not a true pure dps spec. It's a dps spec that has the strongest revive capabilities in the game. (though auramancer traited is also quite good)I'd say reaper is fantastic for prog runs, but speedclears or strong dps checks you'd want a good ele or mirage depending.

Can I get a guild invite, any guild taking Power Reapers into raids sounds like a good place to be

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Murdock.6547 said:Hello everyone, experienced raider here.I'd like to say that I kitten adore reaper right now. Specifically the blood magic version with well of blood as a heal skill.

Can I get a guild invite, any guild taking Power Reapers into raids sounds like a good place to be

ITS A LIE !!!! ITS A LIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be curious to hear what kind of dps you get in raids with a blood build vs a soulreaping. Do you have logs? I raid on my Necro but I stick to scourge, sometimes healing, so I know the healing power of the blood line, but it's a big dps loss to take over soulreaping for scourge. I am not sure the lower cd on wells would make up for the loss of damage boost from staying at high life force and increased life force pool. Hybrid builds are great for fractals and open world, but in raids unless you can manage to drop a healer it might not be worth it.

Note, I am not saying a good power reaper is not good enough for raids, I am saying the blood line isn't worth it unless you are replacing a healer.

Archived