Guild Wars 2 is messing my CPU's heat

About three weeks ago, I have started having problems playing Guild Wars 2. My CPU starts to overheat and is reaching critical points about 80°C and inevitabely I get around 7fps. I have instantly decided to clean my coolers and I have reapplied a thermal paste, but nothing has changed. I have absolutely no problems with playing other "next gen" games on my PC and other games which might be a lot more demanding regarding hardware. Is there any solution for this extreme CPU usage? Does anyone else have similiar problems?

I know it would be easy to blame a game, but it really is your hardware. Try running Prime95 for example, full load, and see how your cpu manage that, then improve cooling accordingly. If that's not an option, you're left with downclocking, disable HT if you have it, limit number of cores you allow the game to use and lower CPU core voltage and so on (I wouldn't recommend any of these except for lowering core voltage if possible, you would have to run stability tests to verify).

Archived