Current PvP state discourages people from playing it

Levijeh.1467

The less you play, the better chances you have to win, climb or keep your rating. The more you play, the more you're punished. If PvP continues its current path and its current meta, it will eventually die. There's evidence already, population decreases season after season and matches are an unbearable roulette. Almost everything does way too much damage or is way too bunkery, and one or two classes are able to perform both things as well. I wish you could release a balance patch mid-season to address the problems that you guys from anet are already aware of, I really do.

I've never understood the way they distribute stats in PvP, through the amulets. Like hare, you can have a massive amount of offensive stats and 0 defense, or a massive amount of defense stats with no offense. So basically you can do a tom of damage and melt in seconds, or you can bunker forever while never killing anyone. Even things like mauraders are just a pinch of defense to compliment your glass cannon build. I think you should be able to distribute stats more evenly amongst what you want, maybe that would help fix the current issue of 2 extremes.

Archived