Core D/D vs Tempest D/D for Roaming/PvP

Knetik.4356

As the title says, I am trying to decide which build I like better for wvw roaming and a bit of spvp. I always like playing D/D as my ele as it just fits the playstyle I love. That being said, I have played Tempest quite a bit in the past and bit more these past few months and after some of the changes to the overloads, I actually feel that my core dd builds is stronger than my tempest build. I am not sure if that is because the dmg side has been nerfed hard or that I am just more accustomed to the core playstyle.

As far as weaver goes, I have tried both S/D and D/D and I feel it is just awful for roaming without having instant access to certain knockdowns, evades, interrupts, etc. as well as the dmg being kinda underwhelming compared to D/D burst.

What do you all think?

IT depends a bit on what feels good for you. Core might feel more fluid using arcane. I personally like the options of tempest. Stunbreak, aoe cleave if needed and healing on auras. You can build an arcane tempest and get some extra healing so i think tempest has more options but is on the hybrid side having sustain+support and mixed AOE damage but is not burst focused.

@Wolfric.9380 said:IT depends a bit on what feels good for you. Core might feel more fluid using arcane. I personally like the options of tempest. Stunbreak, aoe cleave if needed and healing on auras. You can build an arcane tempest and get some extra healing so i think tempest has more options but is on the hybrid side having sustain+support and mixed AOE damage but is not burst focused.Thanks for the response! I am basically trying to recapture something close to my old cele dd ele of old. I know I wont get that same exact feeling anymore, but definitely was my favorite playstyle.

Weaver d/d is less about dmg and more about hard / soft cc where core ele d/d seems better fit for dmg. It realty comes down to speed of getting to you core 3 skill on main hand dagger and how much dmg the duel skills do. Weaver dagger main hand duel skills over all do not seem to do high dmg compared to the core 3ed skills.

I would love to see a good d/d weaver build that not just a pure bruiser even if it was made for disruption in a fight but it dose not seem to be there or at least i cant find it. Sword main hand adds so much more in both dmg and cc on weaver.

Archived