WvW FaQ

Rayya.2591

Q: When is a world considered "Full"?A: Worlds are considered full when the average weekly playtime in WvW exceeds a set threshold. The status of worlds is periodically checked and then the “Full” status of worlds is adjusted.Q: But my world never has a queue but we're still full?Q: But my world never has a queue but we're still full?A: We adjust based on average weekly playtime. This does not mean that your world will always have queues if it is marked as full. A world with high peek time population and a world with more spread out activity could both exceed the playtime threshold.Q: But I want to play with my (guild/friends) and they are on a "full" server.A: This is an unfortunate side effect of locking worlds and we agree that it can feel bad. However, if we do not lock worlds, worlds become overpopulated and it becomes impossible to have balanced match-ups.During any given period, you will find that some host worlds and links are open. While this may require some members of a group to make changes, there are options for everyone.

So how a-net show supports for wvw oriented guilds , according to https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19921/wvw-frequently-asked-questionsNow a question :If guild A want to fight against guild B : they have to be on same matchup , wich is already hardif guild A have few inactive players they have to recruit, so they have to switch servers in order to be able to recruit , if they are on on a full server, to a less populated server. After that they either have to ask guild B to move to same tier or PPT for few weeks in order to attempt to get a matchup against guild BQuestion : why this game is still called guild wars? looks like is hard to organize a fight betwen 2 guilds

@"Rayya.2591" said:Q: When is a world considered "Full"?A: Worlds are considered full when the average weekly playtime in WvW exceeds a set threshold. The status of worlds is periodically checked and then the “Full” status of worlds is adjusted.Q: But my world never has a queue but we're still full?Q: But my world never has a queue but we're still full?A: We adjust based on average weekly playtime. This does not mean that your world will always have queues if it is marked as full. A world with high peek time population and a world with more spread out activity could both exceed the playtime threshold.Q: But I want to play with my (guild/friends) and they are on a "full" server.A: This is an unfortunate side effect of locking worlds and we agree that it can feel bad. However, if we do not lock worlds, worlds become overpopulated and it becomes impossible to have balanced match-ups.During any given period, you will find that some host worlds and links are open. While this may require some members of a group to make changes, there are options for everyone.

So how a-net show supports for wvw oriented guilds , according to https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19921/wvw-frequently-asked-questionsNow a question :If guild A want to fight against guild B : they have to be on same matchup , wich is already hardif guild A have few inactive players they have to recruit, so they have to switch servers in order to be able to recruit , if they are on on a full server, to a less populated server. After that they either have to ask guild B to move to same tier or PPT for few weeks in order to attempt to get a matchup against guild BQuestion : why this game is still called guild wars? looks like is hard to organize a fight betwen 2 guilds

Here you go...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19544/pvp-discussion-game-modes/p1

"In addition, we’re currently discussing the feasibility of adding custom arena support/special tournament support for large team (15 v 15?) elimination style matches. This does get a bit more complicated as the current UI breaks with anything more than 10 v 10."

Why the name "Guild Wars"...

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

Archived