My Guardian Wintersday Wish List

Dahkeus.8243

Guardian is overall in a pretty good place, but there are still a few areas that I think could be tweaked to make the class better. Here’s my Wintersday Wish List for this profession:

Skill 2, 4 and 5 on Dragonhunter longbow should have a damage increase for PvE. It just doesn’t make sense that a scepter deals more damage in every ranged scenario. The auto-attack could be left weak so that PvE rotations are optimized with a swap to a melee weapon. (This would reduce the ranged survivability advantage).

Scepter should also be toned down a bit. Ideally, the weapon should give a boon or heal from the symbol to make this “magic wand”-like weapon more of a ranged utility weapon than the max-DPS weapon that it is.

Firebrand axe should have its condition damage increased as well. This would keep Firebrand viable in PvE while giving this weapon a place in the game.

The trait Battle Pressence in the Virtues line should also reduce the cooldown for Virtue of Resolve’s active skill. This would allow a Firebrand to play a better support role in PvE since one of the biggest reason a healer Firebrand isn’t performing well is the large amount of time with the healing time on cooldown. Putting this in the Virtues line and competing with Indominatble Courage would prevent this from making Firebrand even stronger in PvP.

Finally, I think Firebrand needs some shaves in PvP, but that’s also tied to Scourge needing nerds as the combo of these two is too strong. However, this could probably be done with some increases on condi removal cooldowns and reduced boon duration. This is my least favorite part of the list, but it’s fair.

Archived