[sPvP] Core Terrormancer

Morwath.9817

So, two days ago I've decided to make free account @NA (as I play on my main @EU), to see if I can climb with Core Necro anywhere, then set my goal to Platinum as Core is pretty gimp compared to Elite Specializations. I reached it within one day of playtime rolling over Scrouges with overall result 14-5 as SoloQ with 150-200 avg ping (played also some Unranked with it, as I had to reach rank 20 to que for Ranked).

Don't get me wrong, it's not about bragging, I just want to share two variants of Terrormancer I've been switching between, because they could be useful for "free to play" Necromancers as it was doing pretty well against Scrouges, due to 1200 range on Life Blast and huge amount of condi transfers and Boon Corrupt turning their stability into Fear, while not being bad against most specs.

Those builds may not be good enough to reach Legendary or tournament play, I believe they should be good enough to have some fun in both Ranked and Unranked.

Death / Curses / Soul Reaping

Spite / Curses / Soul Reaping Against tankier teams, it's good to swap Spiteful Renewal and Signets of Suffering for Bitter Chill and Spiteful Spirit and picking Consume Conditions over Signet of Vampirism, as additional boon corruption may be needed.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

used the blood magic variant (running similar build also in solo roaming wvw sometimes), i was just losing with this build in spvp to be honest, i usually play power tho so maybe im a bit rusty on condis xD but anywqays fun builds as i ddint play terrormancer in vanilla days or gw2 at all. playstyle is very differnt to scourge/reaper/core power

@JustDemons.4358 said:used the blood magic variant (running similar build also in solo roaming wvw sometimes), i was just losing with this build in spvp to be honest, i usually play power tho so maybe im a bit rusty on condis xD but anywqays fun builds as i ddint play terrormancer in vanilla days or gw2 at all. playstyle is very differnt to scourge/reaper/core power

Imho Blood Magic is a bit inferior to both Death and Spite, unless you go Sage with Transfusion for team fights and your randoms doesn't teleport/mistform away from your minor Blood Well while you try to revive them.

@reikken.4961 said:no notes on how you play it?

While playing Death I used to stick to home and mid, in some games I've been even invading far ( when I was sure Scrouge is there, especially if that Scrouge wasn't playing Plague Signet and/or Consume Conditions ;) ) as this build is much better in 1 v 1 due to Reaper's Protection allowing us to build easy fear chains, which cause pretty good damage, I would recommend avoiding Mirages as they are pain unless they are exceptionally bad, any kind of Guardians when played well can be problematic, Weaver usualy is annoying with it's never ending cleansing. If those are going for close / far, I would try to join team fights train instead, but for team fights Spite variant with Spiteful Spirit is usualy better, as it has more damage and boon corruption than Death.

In group fights I used to focus targets with others, and it makes wonders if there isn't Firebrand around providing stability (can be removed / corrupted) for everyone, as our fear makes it much easier to lock people down, especially when it deals damage.

Few important things:

• Try to disrupt heals with Fear, if possible.
  • If you know target gonna have Stability, keep Corrupt Boon for it, as it's corrupted into Fear.
  • First attack after swapping into Scepter strip up to three boons, which is important for targeting/removing Stability.
  • Keep in mind that Enfeebling Blood ( dagger #5 ) causes Weakness, and so does entering Death Shroud ( due to Weakening Shroud ), which is extremly powerful tool against Power builds. Try to keep 100% Weakness uptime on Power builds, and if you need, corrupt their Might, as its corrupted into 10 seconds of Weakness.
  • Flesh Wurm is love, Flesh Wurm is life, placing it in a good spot may require a bit practice, but usualy it saves our life and/or wins fights, so we can easily disengage to heal while watching people drown in conditions, so try to place it in strategic spots.
  • Death Shroud is good for both absorbing damage, if needed, and as source of damage as our Power isn't low with Carrion and our crit chance isn't too shabby as Death Perception gives us 50% critical chance while in Shroud, we also get Fury upon entering it and extra 2% crit chance for each condition on target.

@Morwath.9817 said:

@JustDemons.4358 said:used the blood magic variant (running similar build also in solo roaming wvw sometimes), i was just losing with this build in spvp to be honest, i usually play power tho so maybe im a bit rusty on condis xD but anywqays fun builds as i ddint play terrormancer in vanilla days or gw2 at all. playstyle is very differnt to scourge/reaper/core power

Imho Blood Magic is a bit inferior to both Death and Spite, unless you go Sage with Transfusion for team fights and your randoms doesn't teleport/mistform away from your minor Blood Well while you try to revive them.

errr i meant death magic xDD altho i also tried blood magic... nevertheless i find it very impressive that there are ppl out there that can rank plat with any core necro. what do you think about core power? its enough for me to rank in gold.. but power reaper still feels stronger. i will fiddle around with your builds in the next season, thanks a lot for sharing :D

@JustDemons.4358 said:

errr i meant death magic xDD altho i also tried blood magic... nevertheless i find it very impressive that there are ppl out there that can rank plat with any core necro. what do you think about core power? its enough for me to rank in gold.. but power reaper still feels stronger.

Tried power and it was awful as it's countered by weakness and it does lack proper burst compared to meta builds like Holosmith, you give your team nothing as power, while condi stil can aid your team with boon corruption and fear chains, and terrormancer is pretty good against Scrouges ( 1 v 1 ) as you can simply outplay them with so many condi transfers you have and proper fear chains, has good potential vs any power build due to high weakness uptime and might corruption.

Archived