Level 80 PvE & WvW Gear

Outix.9014

I recently hit level 80 on my thief and am now working on my masteries (first lvl 80 character). On this site and everywhere else everyone is talking about different builds, but I am having trouble finding out what equipment to get, the order I should be getting them in, and where to get them from. My plan is to build my PvE set first then use that to farm out my WvW set and whatever else I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are numerous ways to acquire exotic equipment (refer to the Wiki for -all- of them).

-You could for example run dungeons and buy equipment with the tokens you get.-You could also buy it from vendors in Orr, if you have a buttload of Karma.-Crafting it yourself is also a possibility but I doubt that you have a crafting job on 400 (yet).-Simply buying it in the trading post is also a thing, but costly.-Doing WvW and buying them with the honor tokens is possible too and maybe even faster than in PvE if you're in zergs all the time.

Less consistent possibilities are:-doing achievements, some rewards you with equiptment-finishing the story-farming worldbosses and events

I'm sure there are more ways but there you go~

I'd go with berserker if you're planning to do PvE and can manage to stay alive. We have enough tools at our disposal to stay alive in most situations, so going full damage shouldn't be a problem :)

I'd highly encourage you to buy ascended trinkets from the laurel merchant. I have yet to get any ascended armor and I'm doing fine, but I do have ascended trinkets and weapons (recently crafted the weapons).

An easy way to get exotic weapons and armor are to craft them. Get used to salvage the drops you get and gather anything you can while farming your masteries. Also level your crafting professions so that you can start creating the stuff that you can only craft once a day (you'll need them to craft ascended gear).

TL;DR: Level crafting professions, buy ascended trinkets with laurels, gather and salvage everything and farm events.

Hope this helped! :)

With that skill level, you could just craft armor yourself. You just need the recipes and a bunch of materials for it which, if you would buy all of them, is just as if not more expensive than just buying the items directly ^^

That heavily depends on how you want to play your Thief (i.e. what kind of build you want). Would you rather deal direct damage or work with conditions like bleeding and poison? Do you want to go full glass canon or do you want have survivability? It really depends on your preferences.

Berserker stats, like Geiir suggested, are considered Meta atm but I wouldn't give that much about meta if I were you. Look for what's the most fun to play for you and work from there.

@Phosphorite.6192 said:Berserker stats, like Geiir suggested, are considered Meta atm but I wouldn't give that much about meta if I were you. Look for what's the most fun to play for you and work from there.

Gotta agree with this: if you're not playing to min/max or want to do the high level fractals or raids, then play whatever you want. I played P/D condition for the first 2 years of the game and that is probably the most fun I have ever had in the game :bleep_bloop:

Archived