[NA][Americas][Asia-Paciffic]Anyone want to start a new international PvX guild with me?

Nanunu.1403

(This is an updated post of the previous one.)

About Me

Hi, folks! I am Nanunu, a returning player who was away from GW2 for more than a year. As many of you, I struggle to find time to play the game as I have a job with frequent overtime work and a family to feed and entertain.When I have time to play the game these days, I mainly play living world season 3 on my main with my wife or HoT on my sub alone. Hearing good things about PoF, I really am looking forward to play it soon, hearing good things about it. I am on Jade Quarry server but I believe it does not matter out side of WvW. I am from Japan which is in UTC+9 time zone. So if you find my Engrisch is little weired, you got your answer now ;)

About Starting a Guild

While I enjoy the game very much, the thought that I am missing big portion of fun by not being in a guild is getting bigger and bigger recently. The obvious option is to join a thriving guild. Though it may take some time and effort to find one, I believe there are multiple choices of good guilds.

However, I cannot help but think that it must be more enjoyable to start a new guild than joining an established one. Now the question is... anyone interested in starting a new guild? Long time ago, I used to run a small guild in MMORPG when I was a university student with a lot of time to spare. However, I believe I need co-leaders and/or officers this time.

Guild Concepts

If I am to start a guild, I want to emphasize freedom and diversity.

Freedom: All guild members are free to do or not to do anything anytime as long as it doesn't offend other people having fun playing the game. I expect leader/officers to have some responsibility to decide what have to be decided (like guild name, guild rules or how to recruit people) on rare occasions but other than that all members are equally free and equally responsible.

Diversity: People with various backgrounds, time zones, play styles, skill levels etc. are all welcomed. If there are differences I want to respect and enjoy them.

Thoughts on Some Specifics

Here are my current thoughts on some specific aspects.

Communication Tools: Text chat in game will be our primary communication tool. For out of the game communication my suggestion is to use Slack or similar text chat program. If you are wondering about voice chat, we will not use it because

1. we want to focus communication on text chat which is universally available to everyone,
  2. you can enjoy every part of the game without it,
  3. and text communication can be easier for someone who learned English as second language (like me)

Server/WvW: We are accepting people from any servers in NA region. Unfortunately it means WvW will not be part of our guild activities because you have to be on a same server to play WvW together. If you want to participate in a WvW community you can join your server's community/Discord for WvW (if there is one) or you can simply find a guild that focus on WvW as the game allows us to join multiple guilds.

Primary Time Zones: Due to the server location, I believe most people on NA region reside in either North America, South America or Asia-Pacific. I suggest to use UTC+8 and UTC-6 as reference time zone when we plan guild activities.

Organization/Decision Making: Like every organization in the world, we will be required to adapt to situations. But my current suggestion is to have at least 2 officers (plus me) to make quick decisions to start things up, while adding roles more roles (maybe specialized ones) and sharing responsibilities with more members as we go. To make all members to be able to be participate in guild management, I suggest the following rules.

1. Any member can make a suggestion or start discussion about any guild matters.
  2. A decision is made when more than 2 leader/officers agree on something.
  3. All decisions regarding guild activities have to be discussed or announced on the text chat tool (like Slack) we will use.
  4. No decision is absolute and all members are encouraged to ask questions or make further discussion if he/she believe it can be beneficial.

What do you think?

So... is anyone interested? If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Contact

Please contact Nanunu.1403 in game or on the Slack channel out of the game.

I have just created a guild called "Band of the Unbound ". I hope this sounds right to native English speakers or I have to reconsider the name lol

@TASbot.8293 said:Send me a friend request and message me on Discord, would like to talk to you about your guild. TASbot#8745. :)

Discord gave me an error when I tried to send a friend request to you. Could you try to send a request to me (Nanunu#0472)?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Greetings! I was searching for an Asian Guild, better yet, an international guild. I find it hard to and or I am unable to join in game activities with the guilds I've joined before because of our time zone differences. I was about to give up until I saw this. I would really love to join! I've tried adding you as a friend in Discord. (エリ#5839) I will be trying to contact you in game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived