Considering building a second Ascended set for my warrior, unsure of what stats.

bLind.6278

Hey guys, I'm just coming back from a fairly long break and am enjoying PoF so far. I'm trying to get more into WvW this go around, mainly for a combo of some roaming and light zerging when favorable. I've currently got a full Berserker ascended set with Strength runes that I used way back for fractals, and I prefer doing fractals as power. Is that still viable? I know metabattle prefers scholar runes.

I've got 3/6 of a 2nd set done with Marauder stats for WvW, but I'm partially torn as to whether or not I should make that set into a condi one. I'm not gonna raid, I just doubt I'll find a group for it, and I don't have any offset pieces for condi yet, either. The reason I'd like a separate set is because I'd love to throw some durability runes into whichever I use for WvW since they're so good. For the record, I do have a 6/6 exotic mara set with defender runes now, since the old mace/shield meta in HoT was overpowered as hell.

Tips/advice/suggestions?

PS: I prefer power builds when possible. I enjoy the playstyle more.

You’re pretty much set with your Berserker/Marauder setup, really.

Those are the current meta setups for Warrior in WvW.

More defensive stat combos like Soldier have fallen out of favor in WvW due to the damage in general being so much higher these days.

The only thing you could potentially do would be to make a Viper set* for when you need to use a Condi build (i.e raids).

*Don’t actually make Viper, make a non-HoT stat combo and change it in the Mystic Toilet for easier crafting.

Archived